CM Tooltip (CMTG) - Getting Started - Tutorials Roadmap
Tooltip Glossary Plugin First Steps
Starting GuidesThis is a guide designed to help you get started with Tooltip Glossary. All starting guides:
Installation | Tutorials Roadmap |
First Steps | How The Plugin Works | Troubleshooting | Upgrading from Free to Pro
Tooltip Glossary is a powerful WordPress plugin, filled with features to make it easy for you to create and display rich content for your website.
This tutorial provides a quick start video and a roadmap to make the best out of Tooltip Glossary, from installation to advanced settings.
Tooltip Glossary Roadmap
- What's a glossary? What's a term? Learn how the plugin works!
- The plugin has many versions: Free, Pro, Pro+ and eCommerce. Check the Interactive Demo to see features of each in action. For a complete overview of the differences, check the pricing table.
- Learn all about User Privacy and GDPR compliance related to the plugin.
- Install the plugin. It's quick and easy!
- Set up the permalinks structure. This is essential to prevent 404 errors.
- Start creating and add your first Glossary Term. You can also import your terms from CSV files in Pro, Pro+, eCommerce - check the video tutorial!
- Configure the Glossary Index and then choose a template for it. You can even use custom styles!
Improving your Tooltips
- Make the tooltips beautiful by customizing the style and changing their opacity.
- Dynamically Integrate with other services, such as Wikipedia, WooCommerce and dictionaries (Merriam Webster, Glosbe Dictionary, Google Translate).
- Spice your tooltips up with image, video and audio content - check the video tutorial!
Improving your Glossary Terms
- Learn how to access and edit the Glossary Term page.
- Enrich the Term page by linking Related terms and Related articles.
- Display persistent content before and after every term.
- Assign an icon to each of your terms.
- Use abbreviations (United States, US, USA), synonyms (program, software) and variations (child, children).
- You can also enable multiple meanings to the same term.
- Add a link back to the Glossary Index (Pro, Pro+, eCommerce).
- Get social by enabling users to embed and share your term. Also turn on the social share buttons (Pro, Pro+, eCommerce).
Make your website shine with Tooltip Glossary
- Control where the tooltip appears.
- Use widgets to show the latest or random terms on your sidebar.
- Use shortcodes to display custom tooltips, the Glossary Index and more on many parts of your website.
- Enable tabbed navigation for accessibility.
- Always open terms in a new page/tab.
- Make sure your glossary has mobile support (Pro, Pro+, eCommerce).
- The CM Tooltip Glossary fully supports all UTF-8 languages. Translate it by adapting labels, and making a few tweaks. Pro+ and eCommerce also have RLT support and are even compatible with WPML (WordPress MultiLanguage).
- Improve your SEO with Tooltip Glossary - check the video tutorial!
Clean up and Optimize
- Allow user roles other than the administrator to edit terms.
- Configure breadcrumbs, which also depend on your theme.
- One is not enough? Use multiple Glossaries on the same website! (Pro+, eCommerce) - check the video tutorial!
- Define a custom parsing order for your terms (eCommerce).
- Configure a multisite installation (each site will have separate glossaries).