CM Tooltip (CMTG) - Integrations - Wikipedia
Adding Content from Wikipedia to the Glossary
In the eCommerce edition of the CM Tooltip Glossary plugin, it is possible to add Wikipedia content to the term page and to the tooltip content.
How plugin displays content generated by the Wikipedia API?
The content taken Wikipedia is generated automatically and can also include images, tables and all other content that was originally included in the Wikipedia term definition.
Note!Due to the huge amounts of content in most of the Wikipedia pages, we only display the first section of the content, which usually includes the most general data.
Enabling Wikipedia in the Plugin Settings
In the plugin settings under the API tab, you can find the section which deals with Wikipedia.
- Enabled - Show Wikipedia content to be included in the term and tooltip
- Only show Wikipedia when content is empty - Only triggers the content when the term has no content.
- Show Wikipedia data in Tooltip - Displays Wikipedia data inside the tooltip.
- Show Wikipedia in Glossary Term Display - Display Wikipedia data on the term page.
- Link title to the Wikipedia page of the term - Links the term to the relevant Wikipedia.org page.
- Show Wikipedia tables - Enable to display them.
- Wikipedia terms language - Select which Wikipedia content to retrieve based on the language defined.
- Flush the Cache - Cleans the database from 3rd party definitions.
- Cache the WIkipedia API result in the database - If you experience problems with Wikipedia content, try unchecking this option, then flush the cache and retry.
Disabling Wikipedia content in specific terms
You can override the plugin general settings for showing the Wikipedia content on specific terms by checking the meta boxes on the term page.
Disable Wikipedia API for this term - will completely remove any Wikipedia content from the tooltip and the term page:
Pointing to specific Wiki Term
Since some of the Wikipedia terms have a duplicate meaning you can manually point the glossary to retrieve a specific term from Wikipedia by including the Wikipedia page URL as shown in this image.
More information about the CM Tooltip Glossary WordPress Plugin
Other WordPress products can be found at CreativeMinds WordPress Store
Let us know how we can Improve this Product Documentation Page
To open a Support Ticket visit our support center