CM Tooltip (CMTG) - Extras - Mobile Support
Glossary Plugin Mobile Support
In the Pro, Pro+ and eCommerce Editions of the CM Tooltip plugin, mobile plugin support is available on all devices to ensure that your glossary data remains visible no matter what type of smartphone, tablet or PC your audience is using.
The plugin can detect what device is being used and will determine its behavior according to the screen size and touch event availability.
How mobile plugin support works with CM Tooltip:
If the plugin detects that a mobile device is in use - specifically touchscreen devices - the behavior of the tooltips is changed then based on the settings:
- Tooltips are displayed on the first touch of the term (since it’s impossible to “hover” over terms).
- An additional link is displayed at the bottom of the tooltip’s content (see "Enable mobile support").
In the Pro+ and Eco edition of the plugin, it’s possible to optionally turn this feature on or off as well as to change the label of this additional link to the term page.
There are several settings allowing to change the behavior of the tooltips on mobile devices. Head to Admin Dashboard → CM Tooltip → Settings → Tooltip.
- Enable mobile support - After enabling this option a link to the term page will appear at the bottom of the tooltip. This is the easiest way to allow your users to reach the Glossary Term pages on mobile devices.
- Disable tooltips on mobile devices - By selecting this option you can completely disable the tooltips on the mobile devices.
- Close tooltips only on button click? - If this option is enabled, the only way to close the tooltip on mobile devices will be by clicking the "Close icon".
Important: Make sure that the "Show close icon" option is enabled, otherwise it won't be possible to close the tooltips!
- Display tooltips on click - By default the tooltips are displayed on hover. By checking this option you can change it so they're only opened on click/touch.
Below: The settings related to the behavior of Tooltips on mobile devices can be found in Settings → Tooltip. Additionally, you can change the color of the link in Settings → Tooltip → Tooltip → Styling.
And you can update the label in Admin Dashboard → CM Tooltip → Settings → Labels.