CM Tooltip (CMTG) - Terms - Related Terms
Related Term Front-End Example
TIP: What Are Related Terms?
Related terms are all terms found in a specific page.
The Related Terms settings can be found on the path Admin Dashboard → CM Tooltip Glossary → Settings → Glossary Term tab → Glossary Term - Related Articles & Terms section → Related Terms sub-section, as highlighted in the plugin screenshot below:
- Disable related terms on glossary term pages - Select this option if you don't want to show the list of related terms on glossary term pages.
- Show related glossary terms in a separate list - Select this option if you want to show the list of related glossary terms in the separate list. If this option is not checked, the list of related articles and glossary terms will be the same list.
- Number of related glossary terms - Define how many related glossary terms should be shown in the list. Works only if Show related glossary terms in a separate list is disabled.
- Show linked glossary terms list under post/page? - Select this option if you want to show the widget containing a list of all glossary items found in the post/page.
- Show tooltip for related terms? - Select this option if you want to show tooltips for related terms.
- Open related terms in new tab? - Select this option if you want to open the related term links in new tab. Note: This feature was introduced in version 4.0.4.
TIP: Global - Disabling Related Terms On All Site
The Related Terms functionality consists of several possibilities. To disable it completely you need to do all of these:
- Check the Disable related terms on glossary term pages.
- Uncheck the Show related glossary terms in a separate list.
- Uncheck the Show linked glossary terms list under post/page?
Individual - Enabling and Disabling the Related Terms On a Single Page/Post
It is possible to display or hide the related terms on specific pages or posts.
To do this, edit the relevant page or post and check the "CM Tooltip - Disables" metabox. Inside it, you will see the option " Overwrite the default related terms setting for this post/page".
- If the option is disabled - The page/post will follow the default setting shown above ("Disable related terms on glossary term pages:").
- If the option is enabled - The page/post will not follow the default setting.
Show Related Terms With Shortcode
You can apply the shortcode
[glossary_related] to show the related terms of the current term. To be used on term definitions.
Note that, if you have related terms enabled, the related terms box will appear twice, as in the example