CM Tooltip (CMTG) - Terms - Assigning an Icon To a Term
Assigning an Icon To a Term
This feature is available only on the Pro+ and eCommerce editions.
Starting from CM Tooltip Glossary version 3.7, it's possible to add icons to each term.
Why Should I Use Icons?
Icons are useful to organize the terms thematically and to improve their presentation. Currently, WordPress' built-in dashicons are supported.
The icon will show up to the left of the term title.
You can turn show or hide icons from the glossary page by changing the plugin's settings.
Assigning Icon to One Term
To assign an icon, simply head to the CM Tooltip - Term Properties panel when editing a term.
The last field should contain:
- A textbox with the Choose icon button. Click it to select the icon and to see the preview.
- Color picker
- Position dropdown (left or right)
By default the color is black and position is set to left.
The Terms List in the Back-End also shows each assigned icon, in the Meta Values column.
Setting and Configuring Default Icon
To set a default icon and configure it, head to the Admin Dashboard → CM Tooltip Glossary → Settings → Glossary Term tab → Glossary Term - Links section.
There, you will find three relevant settings:
- Default icon
- Default icon color
- Default icon position
Settings (Applies to All Icons)
There are more relevant options on the Settings page → Glossary Term tab → Glossary Term - Links section.
- Display link icon on the Glossary Index page? - By default it's enabled.
- Display link icon when term is found in the content? - If enabled, every time the term is highlighted, the term will also show the icon.
By default it's disabled.
- Link icon to term page - The icons will link to the assigned Term page.
Only works if the option "Remove link to the glossary term page?" is enabled.