WordPress Glossary Plugin (CMTG) - Extras - Basic Widgets
Glossary Plugin Built In Widgets
Our WordPress Glossary Widgets add extra value to your glossary by enabling users to interact with terms directly. The Pro edition of the WordPress Glossary plugin can be set to display the following widgets:
Glossary Random Terms
The “Glossary Random Terms” Widget allows you to display random Terms from your glossary in one of your site’s theme widget areas, such as the sidebar, footer or header.
Glossary Latest Terms
The “Glossary Latest Terms” Widget allows you to display the latest terms added to your glossary in one of your site’s theme widgets areas, such as the sidebar, footer or header.
You can choose to show the content or an excerpt limited to x characters.
Word of the Day/Week
The Word of the Day/Week Widget allows you to highlight one word that can be randomly selected every day or week.
It displays the term and links to the full description and to the glossary.
Setting Up in the back-end
You can either:
- Choose a term manually from the list.
- Click the Randomized Term button to choose a random term.
- Choose the way how the term randomizer will work:
- Do not randomize the term.
- Randomize term daily at 0h.
- Randomize term weekly at 0h. If this option is chosen, you can select the weekday from the dropdown menu below.
- Content characters limit (0 means no limit) - Set how many characters of the term will be displayed on the front-end. Set 0 to leave it unlimited. Note: This option was introduced in version 3.9.13.
- Content limit end markup - Set how the limit markup will be displayed. Note: this option works only if you set the value in the Content characters limit (0 means no limit) option.
The Glossary Search Widget allows you to display a search form which works the same as the Search Box on the Glossary Index Page, on any of your theme’s widget areas.
Related Articles and Terms widgets
These two widgets display related articles and related terms for the term or page that visitor is currently viewing.
Tooltip Language (eCommerce Only)
This widget changes the language of the tooltips. You can choose if, when a user selects a new language, that affects only the current page or the whole site.