CM Tooltip (CMTG) - Related Articles - What are They and How to Add Them
Term Related Articles
Related Articles guides:
Related Articles are links that appear on your glossary term pages, which are responsible for referring the reader over to other pages or posts where that particular term has been used.
An example is highlighted below:
Why should I use the related articles feature?
From an SEO perspective, the Related posts feature dramatically increases the number of internal links on your site, so utilizing this feature properly means that you gain a stronger internal link structure, which enhances SEO.
Related articles can appear in two sections:
- Related terms - Display the connection between Glossary terms that are related by logic and relevance.
- Related posts - Display posts and pages that contain the specified term inside their content.
Defining the Related Articles
In the plugin settings under the Glossary Term tab you can find all the settings which are related to the "Related Articles".
- Show related articles and terms on each term page.
- Show a list of linked glossary terms at the bottom of each page and post.
Using the related articles feature increases the plugins use of memory and CPU processing. If you have more than 1000 articles you should consider the impact of this feature on your site performance.
To improve performance you can:
- Reduce the interval time of the related articles rebuild.
- Show it only in terms and not in post.
You can also reduce memory and CPU usage by:
- Controlling the chunk size - Since rebuilding the Glossary Index requires a lot of resources, both memory and time. It has to be done in chunks. The optimal size of the chunk depends on your server.
- -If the page goes blank after clicking the button, try to make this value much smaller and try to rebuild it again.
- Removing part of the custom posts from the related article index.
Here’s an example of a term that uses both of types of related articles links: