CM Answers (CMA) - Getting Started - Installation And First Steps
Getting Started - Installation
Prefer a Complete Step-by-Step?
Check our use case guides:
CM Answers is just as easy to install as any other WordPress plugin! If you are unfamiliar with plugin installation, check the instructions below.
Table of Contents
Follow these steps to install the plugin:
- Navigate to the WordPress Admin → Plugins:
- Click on Add New:
- Click on Upload Plugin.
- On the next page, you will be prompted to upload the CM Answers PRO zip file you received after purchasing the Pro version of the plugin. Then click Install Now:
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the Pro version of the CM Answers Plugin.
Don't forget to activate it by copying the license key to the proper field in the License settings.
After installing the plugin, visit the plugin settings found in the Admin menu.
You should first check that your server is compatible with the plugin requirements. You will find all the necessary system information under User Guide, by scrolling down to the System information box.
Any potential conflicts will appear in red:
Starting to Add Content
When the plugin is activated it automatically creates a page at (your.domain)/answers/ where your users can add questions and answers, along with sample content.
Note that you can customize this and use a different permalink if you prefer.
How Can Users Add a Question (Frontend)
To submit a question on the frontend, do the following:
- Go to (your.domain)/answers.
You can also find the link to the answers page by going to CM Answers → Settings → General Settings and clicking on Link to questions frontend list.
You will then be redirected to the questions' list on the frontend.
- Fill in the Ask a Question form.
- Click on the Add button to submit a question.
How Can Users Add an Answer (Frontend)
To add an answer to the question, do the following:
- Open the submitted question and fill in the Post your Answer form.
- Click on button Post your Answer.
Managing questions and answers in the backend
In the plugin settings you can edit the questions and answers, filter any unwanted content, add answers, and easily keep track of users actions in the forum.
To see a list of all the questions, go to CM Answers → Questions. To see the list of answers, select CM Answers → Answers & Comments.
How Can Admin Add a Question (Backend)
You can edit the questions and answers, filter any unwanted content, add answers, and easily keep track of users actions in the forum. To add a question in the backend, do the following:
- Go to CM Answers → Questions.
- Click on button Add Question.
- Fill in the fields and click on button Publish.
How Can Admin Edit Questions/Answers (Backend)
You can also edit both questions and answers. To edit answers in the backend, do the following:
- Go to CM Answers → Answers & Comments.
- Hover over any answer and click link Edit.
- After you make all the changes, click on button Update Comment.
Check these essential guides:
- Social Login
- Fixing problems and Troubleshooting