CM Answers (CMA) - User Data Privacy and GDPR Compliance
User Data Privacy and GDPR Compliance
This article lists data the CM Answers plugin handles and the tools the admin can use to ensure users have control over their data. The subject is closely tied with the GDPR (General Data Privacy Regulation).
Note that the plugin provides the admin with tools to enforce and communicate the regulation, and that it's his/her responsibility to adopt them.
This article covers this plugin only. For a general view, please refer to the guide General Support - GDPR And Data Privacy
Data the admin can collect that can be considered personal information
- Username - Will be deleted if the account is deleted.
- Email - Will be deleted if the account is deleted.
- IP - It's only collected if the log is enabled.
Learn more: Logs and Statistics
- Geolocation - Related to IP, it's only collected if the Geolocation setting is enabled.
Learn more: Geolocation
- Questions / Answers - The content is controlled by the users. The admin can choose to moderate it or not.
General Compliance Tools
- Disclaimer - The admin can set a disclaimer and force users to accept it if they wish to user the plugin's functionalities.
Learn more: Adding Disclaimer.
- Disabling the log - The admin can choose to log user (including guests) information.
Learn more: Logs and Statistics.
- Disabling Geolocation - The admin can choose to log the geolocation information of users (logged in or not) that post or vote.
Learn more: Geolocation.
- Questions and Answers removal - The shortcode
[cma_delete]allows the user to delete all questions and answers.
Learn more: Using Shortcodes.
Get more information about the CM Answers WordPress Plugin
Find other WordPress products at the CreativeMinds WordPress Store
Let us know how we can Improve this Product Documentation Page
Visit our support center to open a Support Ticket