CM Answers (CMA) - Theme - Index Page
Answers Index Page
The index page is the default page that hosts your Q&A forum. The administrator has a wide range of options available to customize the appearance and functionality of this index page.
Navigate to the Admin Dashboard → CM Answers PRO → Settings.
Click on Appearance tab, and then Index.
Show number of question next to category header title - For example, Answers (19)
Page template for the index page - select among several options.
Show index page title at the top of the page - Only if you are using the default CMA page template for the index page.
Amount of questions per page - Self explanatory
Questions sorting - Choose the default:
Show questions sorting - Show or not buttons to let the user change the sorting
Show sorting options - If the above is enabled, which options will be available
Reset pagination with sorting - Resets the pagination every time a new sorting method is chosen
Text Below header
Add custom text to appear below the header of the index page. Only works on the default CMA theme.
Question form on top - Display the form above (yes) or below (no) the question table
Question form on a separate page - If disabled, the CMA will show a button redirecting to a new page with the form
You can choose to display question's description as
- Full text
Set the fragment length which will be displayed from the question's description (only if only fragment option is enabled).
Question List Settings
In the next section of the Appearance settings, you’ll be asked to select Yes or No to determine what information you would like to appear within the table of questions.
- Votes refer to the rating assigned to each question based on how users have voted for it.
- The numbers that will be displayed vertically refers to answers and views. If this option is disabled, these numbers will appear horizontally.
- If enabled, the information about the author of a question will be displayed next to the title of the question. (This option is only available on the main Answers page).
There are additional settings for the questions list on the index page, including the following:
- The author name can be displayed as a link to the author's page.
- The admin can display information regarding updates for a question. For example, you can see the latest information about the author including the time and date of the last update and the author's name.
- The Sticky questions background color refers to the color of the table in which the list of questions appears. You can write the color you would like to to choose, such as white, red, or lightblue. Or you can also use html format, such as #CCCCCC, #0000FF etc.