General Support - GDPR And Data Privacy
GDPR And Data Privacy
This article addresses the way CreativeMinds' products and services allows for collection and use of personal data.
It specifically covers GDPR and GDPR compliance. This is an ongoing matter and this article will be updated to reflect any changes.
What is GDPR?
GDPR stands for the European Union General Data Protection Regulation. It comprises of a series of rules intended to protect the data privacy of its citizens.
It was approved by the EU Parliament on 14 April 2016 and is set to be enforced starting on 25 May 2018.
For more information, please check GDPR's Portal.
Why is it relevant?
The entity offers this useful summary: "The aim of the GDPR is to protect all EU citizens from privacy and data breaches in an increasingly data-driven world that is vastly different from the time in which the 1995 directive was established."
The entity also stipulates sanctions: "Organizations can be fined up to 4% of annual global turnover for breaching GDPR or €20 Million."
As a company, CreativeMinds is committed to ensure its clients and their customers feel safe and under control of their data.
How does it relate to CreativeMinds?
Also, some of our products allow the admins to store and manipulate certain personal data of their users, such as username, email, IP address, photos and other files.
In the Questions and Answers WordPress plugin, users can upload questions to the admin's website. Additionally, the admin is able to turn on logging user information, including username and IP address. Both these features - user participation and usage logging - are controlled by the admin and can be disabled at any time by the admin.
The plugin has a disclaimer feature. In it, the admin can configure terms and conditions which the users must accept if they wish to utilize their services. CreativeMinds encourages admins to be clear, concise and GDPR-aware when preparing the terms.
Are CreativeMinds' products compliant with GDPR?
Yes. And we are constantly reviewing and adjusting our products to make sure every user is able to remove his/her data.
Users are welcome to report any apparent shortcomings by getting in touch with us through the contact form or the email email@example.com.
List of Documentation Articles
- CM Expert Directory Community (CMEDC) – User Data Privacy and GDPR Compliance
- CM Business Directory Community (CMBDC) - User Data Privacy and GDPR Compliance
- CM Product Directory Community (CMPDC) – User Data Privacy and GDPR Compliance
- CM Tooltip Glossary Community Terms (CMTCT) – User Data Privacy and GDPR Compliance
- CM FAQ Community Submissions – User Data Privacy and GDPR Compliance
- CM Map Locations (CMML) – User Data Privacy and GDPR Compliance
- CM Map Routes Manager (CMMRM) – User Data Privacy and GDPR Compliance
- CM Download (CMDM) – User Data Privacy and GDPR Compliance
- CM Reviews and Ratings - User Data Privacy and GDPR Compliance
- CM Answers (CMA) - User Data Privacy and GDPR Compliance
- CM Tooltip (CMTG) - User Data Privacy and GDPR Compliance
- CM Tooltip Glossary Community Terms (CMTCT) - User Data Privacy and GDPR Compliance
- CM Invitation Code Content Access - GDPR And Data Privacy
It's important to highlight that some core functionalities, such as WordPress account management, are handled partially or completely by other parties, such as the WordPress platform itself.
WordPress has addressed GDPR compliance in its 4.9.6 Privacy and Maintenance Release (May 17th). Some of the features include:
- Comments - Guest users can opt-out of cookies.
- Data Handling - Data Export and Data Erasure features. Includes an e-mail based confirmation system.
Read WordPress' release notes for more information.
Yes, we do. You can read it here.
There are some aspects that I don't understand. Can I get in touch with CreativeMinds?
Absolutely, please do. We are committed to being as clear and transparent as possible. You can get in touch with us through the contact form or the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more general doubts related to the GDPR, we encourage users to check official resources, such as: