CM Registration (CMREG) - Settings - Registration Settings
From the WordPress dashboard navigate to CM Registration Pro → Settings → Registration.
- Allow user to enter his login - Allows Users to make a custom Login Username rather than automatically assigning one to them based on the email address they use (note: generates a Custom Field - read more).
- Allow users to enter a publicly displayed name - Allows users to customise the name that displays beside their comments and posts rather than the default of displaying their email address (note: generates a Custom Field - read more).
- Require to repeat email - Forces the user to repeat the email. This setting is useful to prevent the user from mistankenly writting the wrong address.
Enabling this option automatically creates the field "Repeat email" in the Registration Form ( learn more about it).
- Notify admin about new registration - Toggles whether or not the site Admin will receive notification emails for new registrations.
- Prevent sending the standard WP welcome email - Toggles whether or not registrants will receive the WordPress welcome email after signing up.
- Disable WP registration page and redirect to this URL - Replaces the WordPress default registration page with the CM Registration Pro registration page.
- Toast Message Time [Seconds] - Toast messages are non intrusive alerts that pop up over the content. The default value is 20 seconds.
- Enable reCAPTCHA on the registration form - Toggles the reCAPTCHA tool on or off for the Registration form to filter bots.
- Ask for invitation code - Require/disable an invitation code or make it optional when a user registers. If user does not have an invitation code and it is required he will not be able to register. When it is optional, you may want to use it in case when the invitation code is used to assign a specific user role.
- Default role - User's role granted after the registration.
- Terms of acceptance text - Will be displayed next to the checkbox the user must check in order to register.
- Require password - If enabled, the registration form will require a password field.
If disabled, the user will not require to choose a password upon registration. Instead, he/she will receive an email with instructions to generate a password. The message can be configured from the Email Settings. Learn more: CM Registration (CMREG) - Settings - Email Notifications Settings.
- Require a user to repeat the password during registration - This is a common practice in registration forms to make sure the user password was not mistyped. Once selected two password fields (original and repeat) will appear in the registration box (read more in the specific guide). The original has the Meta Key value cmregpw and the repetition, cmregpwrepeat.
- Require strong passwords - If this is enabled, the password must be at least 8 characters long and must contain at least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter and one digit.
- Using activation links forces the users to use a real email address.
- Demanding a secondary email can be useful for parents or guardians. For instance, if a child wants to register, the parent will also receive an email with another activation link and the child's user will only be created after both parent and child clicked their links.
- Require email verification - Require or not require email verification for complete registration. If enabled, the user will receive an email with an activation link that must be clicked before an account is active and the user can login.
- Email verification on secondary email - Adds an additional email address to the verification process, with a different activation link. The account will only be active if both activation links are clicked.
- Meta key of the secondary email field - The "name" of the secondary email field to be added in the Registration Form. Only works if the previous setting is set to "Yes".
Note that the secondary email field has to be added manually to the registration form. Learn how.
- Days for verification - Customize the number of days users have to verify by email before they need to re-register. Account will be automatically removed from your site database once amount of days have passed.
- Page loaded after email verification - Specify a page on your site that loads after an email is verified. This can be a welcome or thank you page when user verify his email.
- Login user after successful email verification: If enabled, user will logged-in automatically after verifying his/her email address.
You can allow or deny registrations requests from specific IP addresses. In both cases, the IPs must be separated by lines. Example:
22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
S2Member Pro integration
- Enable S2Members integration - If enabled, the invitations code can be related with the S2Members Pro membership level and new users will be assigned to the chosen level.
- S2Member Pro default level - Assign user which is not using the invitation code to the chosen S2Members Pro membership level.