CM Registration (CMREG) + Bulk Email Invitation Add-on - Use Case - Creating Invitation Codes Based On Mail Lists
Use Case - Creating Invitation Codes Based On Mail Lists
CM Registration allows your users to login and register to your site via beautiful pop-ups. The Bulk Email Invitation add-on lets you create multiple invitation codes at once by importing a list of emails.
Use Case Front-End
Use Case Assumptions
Want to Learn From The Start?
If you still haven't configured the Registration Plugin, check the use case:
In this example use case guide, we'll cover how to create invitation codes based on mail lists and send them to your users in bulk. We consider that you have already bought the Bulk Email Invitation Add-on, but not installed it.
- Installing the add-on
- Initial Setup
- Creating bulk invitations with emails
- Creating a series of codes without emails
- Method 1: From a CSV file
- Method 2: Sequence with prefix
- Method 3: Random codes
- How the "Create Invitation Codes" page works
Installing The Add-on
The process is the same for all CM plugins and add-ons.
- Download the plugin from your customer dashboard
- Log in to WordPress and navigate to the WordPress Admin → Plugins settings
- Click on Add New
- Activate it and add the license
Learn more: Getting Started - Plugin Overview
For the following steps, the login/registration pop-up has to be properly set up.
If you still haven't configured:
- Installing the base plugin
- Showing and configuring the pop-up
- Configuring how users log in
- Registration required fields
- Email notifications
- Invitation codes
Creating Bulk Invitations
This feature has a video tutorial available to walk you through the process.
After clicking on the Invite users by email, you will see a new screen allowing you to set the bulk invitation rules.
You can do the following:
- Upload the CSV file - It should include only one column with the user emails. The CSV can have as many emails as you need. Read the dedicated guide to learn more.
TIP: Download File Example
Speed up the import process by using a sample file. Download CSV example file
- Enable/Disable automatic emails - To each user or just create an invitation code that will be stored in the plugin invitation codes section.
- Select if you want the user to register with the same email the invitation code is sent to - If this is selected, the user will not be able to use the registration code sent to them with any other email then the one you have set.
- Select the user WordPress role - Applied after a successful registration is made.
- Set the expiration date for the invitation codes - After this date, the invitation codes will not be valid and can not be used for registration.
- Email template
- Choose a template
- Delete the selected template by clicking the button
- Save the current message as a template
- Write the title of the email
- Write the content of the email - The content is first taken from the template setting available in the CM Registration settings' Email tab for bulk email invitations. You can use the following shortcodes:
Creating a Series of Invitation Codes Without Emails
You can create a list of invitation codes without uploading a list of emails. This is useful for cases in which you want to prepare a bulk list of invitations and use them or send them to different vendors, for instance.
The Bulk Invitations add-on supports three ways of creating codes:
- From a CSV file - You can upload a simple CSV file a list of codes - all the codes must be in a single column, one in each row. The add-on will fetch the information from the table and generate the invitations. Result: The CSV file will include a single column, with one code per row. Sample:
- Serialized Sequence - You can choose a prefix and the number of codes. The add-on will generate a series of invitations with names based on the prefix and the sequence number.
For instance, choosing to generate five codes with the prefix "Bulk Test" will result in the codes highlighted below:
- Randomly Generated - You choose the number of codes that will be created. They will be completely randomized, making them especially safe.
The "Create Invitation Codes" Page
You can reach it through the first button in the Bulk Invitations page.
Once clicked, you will receive an interface allowing you to generate the invitation codes.
- Name of the bulk invitation session - A name that will help you identify the generated list. Each code will receive this name followed by a series of numbers, such as the three codes identified as "Seq" below. Note that the name is different from the invitation code. Names are used for organization purposes only.
- Upload CSV files with invitation codes - By clicking the button you can upload a CSV file with a list of invitation codes. Choosing this will trigger the first method (CSV file) mentioned above: using a CSV file.
- Number of invitations codes - You need to specify how many invitation codes you want to create. It doesn't apply if importing a CSV, as in that case the number will be fetched from the file.
- Use serial invitations with prefix - Enabling this will ensure the codes are in sequence, and not random. Leaving it off triggers the third method (random) mentioned above. Checking it triggers the second method (sequence) mentioned above.
- Invitations prefix - Choose which text will precede the sequence of numbers. This option only applies if the "Use serial invitation with prefix" option is enabled.
- Expiration date - The last day this invitation code can be used. Leaving it blank or with the default "mm/dd/yyyy" will make the code usable forever.
- Users limit - How many times each invitation code can be used.
- Require verification - Force or not email verification once using the invitation code.
- Role - Set the role for the user profile once registering with the invitation code.
Changing the Template of the Bulk Email Invitation
In the CM Registration plugin settings, under the Email tab, you can find the default email template which is sent when a bulk email invitation letter is sent.
Checking Defined Codes
The Bulk Email invitation codes dashboard allows the admin to check all previously created invitation codes to check the status of the user registrations or to restore an invitation code that was sent.
Once clicking on the Show button, you will get a list of all invitation codes defined by this bulk operation and you can see the status of each user registration.
TIP: Adding Codes to Links
You can use links that automatically add the invitation code to the registration widget. To do this, add ?invite=code to the end of the registration URL, where code is the invitation code.