Invitation Code Content Access - Creating Codes - Single Code
Creating a Single Code
Head to Admin Dashboard → Invitation Code Content Access → Invitation codes to create codes.
In this screen you can manage your current codes and add new ones.
Click Add Invitation Code to generate a single code.
Add Invitation Code (Single)
This method generates a single invitation code.
- Code - Write down the code (or generate a random one)
- Note - Add a note (can only be seen by the admin)
- Expiration date - Leave empty to never expire (respects the website time zone)
- No of usages - Set a usage limit (empty or 0 means unlimited)
- Sharing Type - Choose between a code type. Learn more below.
- Content (URL) - Set the allowed URLs (use * to indicate any subdirectory. For instance, example.com/*)
- Short Content - Hide part of a page or post.
- File - Choose file to be locked.
- Notification email - Write an email address which will be notified about this code. Note that if you change this field and save the changes, another email will be sent
- Disclaimer text - Apply an unique Terms of Service text. If you leave the field empty, the default ToS will be applied (learn more: Settings - General (Configuring Access, Privacy).
Content vs. Short Content vs. File Codes
When creating a code, you can choose between locking content (URL), part of a page/post or a file.
- Content - Choose the internal URL that will be restricted.
- Short Content - Part of a page or post. Apply the relevant content inside the shortcode
[cmicca_access_code]. Learn more: How To - Hide Partial Content on Page/Post
- File - Choose one file that will be restricted. Clicking Select or Upload will trigger WordPress' media library so you can choose or upload a file.
Users will have to apply the shortcode on the Display Content Access Form. Learn more: Invitation Code Content Access - How To - Display Content Access Form (Shortcode).