Invitation Code Content Access - Creating Codes - Multiple Codes at Once (Sequence)
Creating Multiple Codes at Once (Sequence)
Head to Admin Dashboard → Invitation Code Content Access → Generate Sequence codes to create codes in bulk.
TIP: Updating Codes
Every code can be fully edited after it's been created. That means editing expiration date, sharing type and even the code itself!
While this can be useful, be mindful not to invalidate your codes.
Add Invitation Code (Multiple)
This method generates multiple invitation codes at once.
You can configure:
- Sequence name (internal use only) - Write down the name of sequence (for internal use only)
- Randomized codes? - If enabled, codes will be randomized. If disabled, they will be sequential
- Sequential Code - code_001, code_002, code_003...
- Randomized Codes - FJTA, AKWW, SU8R...
- Number of invitation codes to create - How many codes will be created
- Add prefix to codes? - Enable to append a prefix to all codes. Some examples: "code_", "2019sale_"
- Prefix - Write down a prefix.
- Note - Add a note (can only be seen by the admin)
- Blocked Content - Choose what type of content to restrict. The options are:
- Content Inside Page/Post
- File Upload
- File Link
- Number of uses - Set a usage limit (empty or 0 means unlimited)
- Valid from- Leave empty to activate the code right away (respects the website time zone)
- Expires on - Leave empty to never expire (respects the website time zone)
- IP limit - Set the number of unique IP-addresses that can use the same invitation code. Everyone who used the code - their IP's will be saved for this code, and they can continue use it until it expired. But all other people will not be able to use the same code. Leave empty to keep it unlimited. Note: this feature is available since the version 1.4.4.
- Once activated, expires after some time - Expires the account a certain amount of time after the first time the user logs in. Time passes even if user is offline.
- How much time the code can be used for - Enter the amount of hours. 1 is one hour, 0.5 is half an hour (30 minutes) etc. The default value is 1
- User can only access blocked content for some time - Expires the account after the user spends a certain amount of time on your site. Time passes only if user is accessing content.
- Blocked content access time limit - Enter the amount of hours. 1 is one hour, 0.5 is half an hour (30 minutes) etc. The default value is 1
- Codes Category - Choose a category that generated codes will belong to. Note: This option was introduced in version 1.4.3. Learn more about it: Invitation Code Content Access - Code Categories.
- Disclaimer text - Apply an unique Terms of Service text. If you leave the field empty, the default ToS will be applied (learn more: Settings - General (Configuring Access, Privacy).
Once you click Generate, you should see a log of created codes and two options:
- Show Codes - Directs you to the codes dashboard, showing only these codes
- Download CSV - Generates a CSV file with all code information. Useful if you generate a huge number of codes and would like to track and manage them from elsewhere.
Choosing What The Codes Restrict
When creating a code, you can choose between different.
- URL/Pages - Set the allowed URLs (use * to indicate any subdirectory. For instance, example.com/*) from your site.
- Posts - Choose specific posts from your site.
- Content Inside Post/Page - Hide part of a page or post.
To use it, apply the relevant content inside the shortcode
Learn more: How To - Hide Partial Content on Page/Post
- File Upload - Upload or choose a file from the media library to be locked.
You have to apply the shortcode on the Display Content Access Form.
Learn more: Invitation Code Content Access - How To - Display Content Access Form (Shortcode).
- File Link - Link to a external file.