CM Maps Route Manager (CMMRM) - Creating/Editing a Route
Creating a New Route
Navigate to Admin Panel → CM Maps Routes Manager Pro → Routes. Click "Add New" at the top.
Adding the Route Details
Upon clicking on " Add Route" an Add Route form will appear. Enter all of the key information about your route.
- Route name - The name that you want to display the route as.
- Description - A detailed description of the route that you want to be visible in the routes index for your visitors to read.
- Status - Determines what stage the route is at in terms of being live on the site. Options are "Publish" meaning the route is online and can be viewed by website visitors, "Draft" meaning that the route is not ready yet and progress on it has been saved but it's not online, "Pending review" meaning the route needs to be checked first by the site Admin.
- Category - This is a filtering category that can be set in the Plugin Settings. See Taxonomy - Categories for creating and editing these.
- Route type - This is another taxonomy that can be used for filtering your Routes. The difference between this and Category is that you can only assign one "Route type". see Taxonomy - Route Types for creating and editing these.
- Difficulty grade - The Difficulty grade is a place where the site admin can inform the visitor of how challenging or easy the route is. The different levels of difficulty must be created by the site admin in the Settings. See Taxonomy - Difficulty Grade for how to create and edit these.
- Tags - Tags can be created for the route to help with SEO and for giving the user search terms which can be used to filter results.
- Route settings - Allows some modifying of basic details that appear on the frontend of the site for the route. Distance units, weather, directional arrows and showing locations section under the map.
- Path color - Allows the user to set the colour of the route using a color circle and some other methods. This can be beneficial when several routes are beside one another on the same map or may be overlapping.
- Images and videos - The admin can upload images or directly link YouTube videos.
Added media can be dragged to the admin's preferred arrangement. When uploading files, a loader will indicate when the file is ready for use.
- Import KML, KMZ or GPX file - Clicking on this will open up a small drop down into which you can drag or click and select a KML, KMZ or GPX file for importing your map. Some other website and programs will be able to make these files meaning the route can be generated by using a GPS, phone or Sat nav device or external map/route making software.
- Map - This is where the admin creates the route and adds Markers to the map. To read more on this see the documentation for Drawing a Route.
Don't forget to save your route by clicking "Save" at the bottom.
You may delete an existing route by clicking the Remove Route button at the bottom of the page.