MicroPayments Plugin (CMMP) + PeepSo - Use Case - How to Charge and Grant Points for PeepSo Actions
Use Case - How to Charge and Grant Points for PeepSo Actions
Note: This use case requires this to be installed and activated:
The MicroPayments Plugin is a points and rewards plugin for WordPress that allows you to create digital wallets for your users, reward them with points, and let them pay for them using real money.
The MicroPayments PeepSo Add-on integrates those actions with the social media plugin, allowing you to charge and grant users points when they perform actions in PeepSo.
Use Case Front-End Example
TIP: Still New to MicroPayments Plugin?
This article focuses on the integrations with PeepSo. If you haven't already created the wallet payment system, read:
Use Case Assumptions
In this example use case guide, we'll cover how to set up wallets for you users and allow them to earn and spend points in their PeepSo profiles.
We consider that you have already bought the plugin, but not installed it.
- Installing the plugin
- Setting up MicroPayments plugin recap
- Initial setup - PeepSo
- Integration settings
- Granting and charging points in PeepSo
- Use case result
Installing the Plugin and Add-on
The process is the same for all CM plugins.
- Download the add-on from your customer dashboard.
- Log in to WordPress and navigate to the WordPress Admin → Plugins settings.
- Click on Add New.
- Activate it and add the license.
Learn more: Getting Started - Installation And First Steps
Setting Up MicroPayments Platform Plugin - Recap
If you still have question with these steps:
- Installing the plugin
- Setting up MicroPayments Plugin
- How users can obtain points
- Grant points for purchase
- Use points for discounts
- Translating the interface
- Exporting wallets to CSV
- Adding or subtracting points periodically
Initial Setup - PeepSo
What is PeepSo?
PeepSo is a free WordPress plugin that allow you to create a social platform similar to Facebook
How Do I Install PeePso?
PeepSo can be downloaded from the WordPress back-end.
Once installed, follow its documentation for the initial setup.
Accessing the Settings
Go to Admin Panel, then choose PeepSo.
Click on the Config tab.
Then choose CM MicroPayments.
You will find the following options available:
1) General Settings
- Show the shortcode allowing to buy points in the profile - This option requires you to setup the ability to buy points in the Micropayments payment system.
Show the number of points near the profile name? - Once enabled the number of points or virtual currency will be shown near the username in the profile page.
Show the number of points in the PeepSo Profile Widget? - Once enabled the number of points or virtual currency will be shown near the username in the profile widget.
Show the link to the Wallet tab in the PeepSo Profile Widget? - Once enabled the link to the wallet tab in the user profile will be shown in the profile widget.
2) Labels Settings
Lets you control the MicroPayments plugin labels which are shown in the user profile and widget.
Granting and Charging Points in PeepSo
In the same screen, you can set how many points the users will spend or receive for each PeepSo action.
- Points for posting an update
- Points for deleting an update
- Points for Adding an avatar
- Points for changing a cover photo
- Points for adding a comment
TIP: Grant vs Removing Points
Use positive numbers to grant points and negative to remove points. In the example below:
- If a user posts an update, they will receive one point
- If a user deletes an update, they will lose one point