Telegram Bot - Rules - WordPress Repeater
Telegram Bot Rules
Overview | Email Repeater | Personal Messages and Group Messages | SMS Repeater | SMS Alert | WordPress Repeater
What This Rule Does
Stores every message from a group on WordPress and allows you to display them into a live, searchable feed. You can configure a series of filters, explained below.
- Filter From / To - Limit the content between set days
- Filter - Filter messages which have specific character sequences inside them
If a Telegram user doesn't have any username set, the first column will be empty, as shown:
Setting Up a Rule
- Telegram group ID - Must follow the format "-xxxxxxxx" (the character "-" followed by nine numerals).
You can acquire the ID by sending the text /getGroupId in the group chat or by checking the plugin log.
- Repeater name - Name tagged for your own connivence to track the rules you set.
- Store to WordPress category - Choose from a WordPress category where the messages will be saved. This is especially useful to store content from different groups, as you can set a category for each one or store several groups into one category.
Learn how to manage categories.
- Stop word(s) - The rule will only run if it DOES NOT include ANY of these words
Showing Content on WordPress
Use the shortcode
[cmtel] along with a parameter anywhere on your site.
It contain two parameters. It's necessary to use at least one of them, otherwise no message will be shown.
- group_id - Can be input with or without the initial "-"
- category - Enter the category slug
The examples below highlight the parameters:
To create, edit or change Telegram Bot categories, head to WP Admin → CM Telegram Bot → Categories.
The interface is identical to any found in WordPress' taxonomies.
Get more information about the Telegram Bot WordPress Plugin
Other WordPress products can be found at CreativeMinds WordPress Store
Let us know how we can Improve this Product Documentation Page
To open a Support Ticket visit our support center