WordPress Telegram Bot - Rules - Email Repeater
Telegram Bot Rules
What This Rule Does
Sends an email for every group or public channel message. You can configure a series of filters, explained below.
Note: the ability to send emails for channel messages was introduced in version 1.0.6 of the WordPress Telegram Bot plugin.
Email Message Example
Setting Up a Rule
Telegram group/channel ID - The group ID must follow the format "-xxxxxxxx" (the character "-" followed by nine numerals). You can acquire the ID by sending the text /getGroupId in the group chat or by checking the plugin log. The channel ID can be found in the Channel Info - it's a part of the link that goes right after "t.me/". In the example below it's "creativemindstest".
- Status - Set rule as active or paused
- Send to email address - Only supports one email per rule.
- Email sender name - Specify the name of the sender.
- Status - Set rule as active or paused.
- Email subject template - Supports placeholders (Learn more).
- Repeater name - The contact name shown as the message sender.
- Stop words - The rule will only run if it DOES NOT include ANY of these words.
- Email message template - Supports placeholders (Learn more).
Email Example with Explanation
This image shows how settings and placeholders affect the message