Telegram Bot - Rules - SMS Alert
Telegram Bot Rules
Overview | Email Repeater | Personal Messages and Group Messages | SMS Repeater | SMS Alert | WordPress Repeater
What This Rule Does
Sends an SMS to one or more mobile phone numbers when a message with specific words are sent in any group the bot is in. You can configure a series of filters, explained below.
Note: This feature demands connecting the plugin with Amazon SNS. Learn more how to do this in this guide: General Support - Enabling SMS Messages (Amazon SNS API)
Setting Up a Rule
- Send to phone number(s) - List all phone numbers that will receive the message. Include country code, but without the + symbol
- Good example: 123456789
- Bad example: +123456789
- Detect phrase(s) - The rule will only run if the message DOES include AT LEAST ONE of these words
- SMS message content - Message to be sent
- Sender name - Can only contain 11 characters or less. If it has more, the message will not be sent (due a restriction by Amazon). The sender name will appear in the SMS text message send to the phone number.
- Status - Set rule as active or paused
- Must not include - The rule will only run if the message DOES NOT include ANY of these words
- Must include - The rule will only run if the message DOES include ALL of these words
- Snooze for - Set a number in hours. After the rule is activated, it will "snooze" for x hours before being ready to activate again. Useful to avoid spamming
- Execute every - Execute the rule after every x times the trigger is activated. For example if detection is set to 3 the rule will be set on the following 1,4,7
- Reset Count - Click the button to set the count to 0
Keyword Conditions Summary
Within this rule, you can set three conditions involving keywords. They all work in tandem.
For example, if you have these:
- Detect phrase(s) - "Hi", "Hey", "Hello"
- Must not include - "admin", "administration"
- Must include - "help", "urgent"
The following will happen with each message:
- "Hi, I need urgent help!" - Will trigger the rule
- "Hello guys this is urgent!" - Will trigger the rule
- "Hey, this is the admin. Does anyone need help?" - Will not trigger the rule, because it has "admin"
- "Hey!" - Will not trigger the rule, because it doesn't have "help" or "urgent"
- "Admin help!" - Will not trigger the rule, because it includes "admin". Additionally, it doesn't have "Hi", "Hey" and "Hello"
Get more information about the Telegram Bot WordPress Plugin
Other WordPress products can be found at CreativeMinds WordPress Store
Let us know how we can Improve this Product Documentation Page
To open a Support Ticket visit our support center