CM Answers (CMA) - Getting Started - Free Version Guide
Free Version Guide
Table of Contents
- Differences Between Free and Pro
- How to Utilize The Plugin
- Quick Start
- Plugin Overview
Differences Between Free and Pro
Free Version Features
- Create forums for your users
- Administrators can moderate question & answers and can receive email notifications.
- Includes a views and answers count
- Users can receive notifications when answering a question pending follow-up.
- Sorting options in the question and answer pages.
Templatecan be easily customized according to usersrequirements.
Additional Pro Features
- Mobile Responsive – Adjusted design and UI for mobile devices.
- Anonymous Posting – Support anonymous non logged-in user posting when used with Add-on.
- Private Answers and Questions – Mark them as private so only the question author can see.
- Comments – Ability add comments for question and for answers.
- Moderation / Access Control – Admin can define who can ask questions and who can answer based on user role.
- Sticky Questions – Supports sticky questions with an administrator defined background color. View Demo – First question is sticky, View Image When Admin
editquestion post, View Image from settings
- Social Media Registration – Integrates with Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn profiles. View Image
Shortcodes– Generates Questions Lists and other content by using a Shortcodes.
- User Dashboard – Adds “My Questions” and “My Answers” dashboards to the user profile page View Image
- Categories, Tags and More – Ability to add categories and tags and to display them.
- Attachment – Accepts file attachments when posting a question. Limits for file types and sizes. View Image, View Image from Settings
- More (check the product page for more information)
How to Utilize The Plugin
The CM Questions and Answers Plugin allows the admin and customers to ask questions, add answers and comments to each question. Both admin and users can rate answers by voting for the posted questions and answers. The admin can easily moderate or add questions and answers and send email notifications. Users can subscribe to their questions and get notifications once new answers are submitted. The admin can easily customize the template if necessary. The plugin also includes the views and answers count available for each question.
If you are unfamiliar with plugin installation, check the instructions below.
- To manually install the free version of plugin, download it from Wordpress.org to your computer. Then go to the Plugin tab on the Wordpress Admin Plugin to install the plugin.
- Hover over the Plugin tab and click Add New.
- Click button Upload Plugin and find the downloaded file.
How Can Users Add a Question (Frontend)
To submit a question on the Frontend, do the following:
- Go to CM Answers > Settings > General Settings.
- Click on Link to questions frontend list. You will be redirected to the questions' list on the Frontend.
- Fill in the Ask a Question form.
- Click on the Add button to submit a question.
How Can Users Add an Answer (Frontend)
To add an answer to the question, do the following:
- Open the submitted question and fill in the Post your Answer form.
- Click on button Post your Answer.
How Can Admin Add a Question (Backend)
You can edit the questions and answers, filter any unwanted content, add answers, and easily keep track of users actions in the forum. To add a question in the Backend, do the following:
- Go to CM Answers > Questions.
- Click on button Add Question.
- Fill in the fields and click on button Publish.
How Can Admin Edit Questions/Answers (Backend)
You can also edit both questions and answers. To edit answers in the Backend, do the following:
- Go to CM Answers > Answers.
- Hover over any answer and click link Edit.
- After you make all the changes, click on button Update Comment.
Installation Guide - shows you an initial installation guide and video tutorial.
General Settings - allows configuring the main settings of the plugin.
- Link to questions frontend list - shows a link redirecting you to the Frontend page with the questions section.
- Questions listing title - allows entering the questions listing title.
- Enable ratings for answers - allows or disallows rating answers.
- Enable negative ratings - enables or disables negative ratings.
- On questions list in "votes" box show - if the ratings are enabled, the plugin will provide two options:
- Total number of votes of its answers
- Rating of the best answer
- Auto-approve new questions - approves new questions automatically.
- Auto-approve answers - approves answers automatically.
- Enable sidebar - enables or disables a separate sidebar for CM Answers pages.
- Set sidebar max width (in px) - specify the maximum width of sidebar. If 0 is entered, the sidebar will be auto-adjust.
- Add "Answers" to WP Nav Menu - to add “Answers” to WP Nav Menu, you need to have "wp_nav_menu" trigger in your template.
- Show markup box - shows or hides a markup information box next to the question and answer forms.
- Show login form - shows or hides the login form on the index and thread pages.
Notifications - allows configuring the notifications.
- Notify about new questions - sends notifications to entered emails, once new questions are submitted. Enter separate email addresses by commas or leave empty to disable.
- New question notification title - allows entering a new question notification title. The following title is entered by default - [[blogname]] A new question has been asked by [author].
- New question notification content - allows specifying a new question notification content. You can add the following values to your content:
- [blogname] - Name of the site
- [author] - Author of the question
- [question_title] - Title of the question
- [question_status] - Approval status of the question (pending, approved)
- [question_link] - Link to the new question
- New answer notification title - allows entering a new answer notification title. The following title is entered by default - [[blogname]] Someone has posted a new answer on the topic you subscribed to.
- New answer notification content - allows entering a new answer notification content. You can add the following values to your content:
- blogname] - Name of the site
- [question_title] - Title of the question
- [comment_link] - Link to the new answer
Upgrade - shows a video tutorial on how to use the plugin and allows updating the plugin to the Pro version.