Multi User Magento 2 - Configuration (Subaccounts)
To set up the extensions, log in as Admin and go to Stores → Configuration → CMINDS MULTI USER ACCOUNTS → Subaccounts Configuration.
The General Options section provides the following fields:
- Enable - allows enabling or disabling the extension.
- Parent accounts can see orders of their sub accounts - by default, master accounts don't see the orders of their Sub Accounts, but their own orders. And Sub Accounts don't see the orders of siblings Sub Accounts. The option allows master accounts and sub accounts to see their orders. You can also choose what sub accounts can access the order history of master accounts and sub accounts within the Permission section. You can find more information on how to manage sub accounts here.
- Shared Session - choose whether or not Sub Account carts are shared. (for more information, please read Multi User Magento 2 - Split Session)
- Send notifications To - you can choose who will get notification emails. (for more information, please read Multi User Magento 2 - Email Notifications)
- Allow Nested Subaccounts - allows subaccounts to create their own subaccounts.
- Subaccounts Need To Be Approved By Admin - you are able to approve subaccounts manually. If this option is disabled, subaccounts will be created automatically.
Change Subuser Group
Customer Group - if a main user changes their own group then sub account groups also change if the option is Yes.
New Subaccount Options
The New Subaccount Options section provides the following setting:
- Require Emails Confirmation - select whether or not newly created subaccount users need to confirm their account by email.
Order Approval Requests
The Order Approval Requests section provides the following setting:
- Should Order Approval Request Be Authorized - enable this option if order approval request before being approved, should be first authorized by sub-accounts starting from lowest range up to sub-account which will be able then to approve it. If there are few sub-accounts on the same range, only one of them should authorize request.
Remember to save the Configuration!
The Multi User extension provides separated resource entries that allow different roles to be created. Different permission sets can be assigned to each role depending on what their needs and abilities should be.
To do this go to System → User Roles to manage who will have access to the above configuration and who will be able to manage sub-accounts on behalf of customers.
- Click on "Add New Role". The New Role entry page will open.
- Give the Role a name and enter the password for the account currently being used.
- Click on the "Role Resources" tab on the left.
- Ensure 'Manage Subaccounts' and 'Subaccounts Section' are checked
Finally, remember to 'Save Role'!