Multi User Magento 2 - Adding Sub-Accounts
Sub Accounts can be managed both in the Admin Panel and in the Customer Account on the front-end.
Admin Panel (via backend)
As an administrator, you have the ability to create, preview and edit any sub account on the system.
To access sub-accounts on the admin panel navigate to Customers → All Customers. Then, click on the 'Edit' button in any of the listed customers. Ensure that the chosen customer does not have a "Parent Customer" listed in the rightmost column.
On the details page select 'Manage Subaccounts' tab from the left menu bar. You will see a list of all sub-accounts created by a selected customer.
To add a new account as the Administrator click on the 'Add Subaccount' button and you will see a form with three tabs:
- Subaccount information - Define the first and last name, email and determine whether or not the Account is active
- Password - Set the password for this sub user
- Permission - Select permissions for the sub user
Customer Account (As Master Account user)
To add a sub-account, log in as a customer and go to the My Account page.
If the extension is enabled in the admin area ‘Manage Subaccounts‘ will appear in the left bar. Clicking it will display the list of sub-account users.
To add a new sub-account, select the ‘Add Subaccount' button.
The 'Add Subaccount' form will appear. Enter out the sub account Information, assign a password to it and select the permissions for it.
Notes on Permissions
- Can Modify Account Data - Self-explanatory.
- Can Display All Orders History - Self-explanatory.
- Can Create Order - Self-explanatory.
- Can Go To Checkout / Checkout Cart - Self-explanatory.
- Will Receive Order Placed Notification - Self-explanatory.
- Force Usage Parent Company Name / VAT / Addresses - Makes the new nested account receive the Company Name / VAT / Addresses from the parent account.
- Can Approve Orders - Self-explanatory.
- Can Manage Subaccounts - Allows the new account to manage nested sub-accounts. (Note that this permission requires "Nested Sub-Accounts" to be enabled. Read more: Adding Nested Sub-Accounts)
- Can Approve Orders - Allows the user to approve orders of a certain amount. You can set the limit in the following field:
Leaving the field blank or inputing "0" will result in no limit.
Enabling / Disabling the 'Add Subaccount' Permission
The Site administrator has the ability to enable or disable the permission of Master Account holders to add and edit subaccounts. Navigate to Stores → Configuration → CMINDS MULTI USER ACCOUNTS → Parent Accounts Configuration → General Options
Set the Allow MasterAccounts to create / edit subaccounts option to "Yes" to enable this feature or "No" to disable it.
Allowing newly created Accounts to Create / Edit subaccounts
Within the Multi User extension Administrators can allow newly created Master users the ability to create / manage subaccounts of their own.
To enable or disable this feature navigate to Stores → Configuration → Customers → Masteraccounts Configuration → Create New Masteraccount Options
To allow newly created Masteraccounts to create and edit subaccounts by default set the New Customer is able to create subaccounts option to "Yes", to disable this feature set it to "No".