Multi User Magento 2 - Adding Subaccounts
Sub-accounts can be managed both in the Admin Panel and in the Customer Account on the front-end.
Note that the admin can assign existing accounts to parent accounts.
Creating a Subaccount
- As an admin (Back-end)
- As a Customer Master Account (Front-end)
Admin Panel (via Back-end)
As an administrator, you can create, preview and edit any subaccount on the system.
To access subaccounts on the admin panel, navigate to Customers → All Customers.
Then, click on the 'Edit' button in any of the listed customers.
The " Parent Customer" shows the current parent of that user, if it has one already.
Case 1) Assigning an Existing User to a Parent Account
Go to the Account Information tab and then check the Select Parent Account.
This will assign the account that you are editing to be the Subaccount of the chosen Parent Account.
Case 2) Adding a Subaccount With New User
First, click on edit of the account which will be the parent.
On the details page, select the 'Manage Subaccounts' tab from the left menu bar. You will see a list of all subaccounts created by a selected customer.
To add a new account, click on the 'Add Subaccount' button and you will see a form with four tabs:
- Subaccount information - Define the first and last name, email and determine whether or not the Account is active
- Password - Set the password for this sub-user
- Permission - Select permissions for the sub-user
- Additional Configuration - Set limits (more below)
Setting Limits to Orders
It's possible to limit the subaccount's order approval. Check the Additional Configuration tab.
- Approval Amount - The maximum value (in the store currency) of an order. If the values surpasses it, this subaccount cannot approve it
Don't involve approval:
- Limit - Maximum order value (applied to all orders). If the value surpasses the maximum, the order is canceled (no approval involved)
- Limit by Period - Maximum order value, applied monthly, weekly and daily. If the value surpasses the maximum, the order is canceled (no approval involved)
The limits follow the priority:
- Order Amount Limit > Monthly Limit > Weekly Limit > Daily Limit.
- Order Amount Limit: 50, Weekly Limit 100 → Every order has a cap of 50 and weekly there's a cap of 100. So one week could have two orders of 50, four orders of 25 and so on.
- Order Amount Limit: 10, Daily Limit: 5 → Every order will be capped at 5, since the daily limit is smaller than the order limit. This setup is not ideal as the rules conflict
Customer Account (via Front-end As Master Account user)
To add a subaccount, log in as a customer and go to the My Account page.
If the extension is enabled in the admin area ‘Manage Subaccounts‘ will appear in the left bar. Clicking it will display the list of subaccount users.
To add a new subaccount, select the ‘Add Subaccount' button.
The ' Add Subaccount' form will appear. Enter out the subaccount Information, assign a password to it and select the permissions for it.
- Can Modify Account Data - Ability to change first and last name, emails and password. Done via the Account Information option in the customer account page.
- Can Manage Address Book - Ability to create, edit, and delete account's addresses. Done via the Address Book link in the customer account page.
- Can Display All Orders History - Self-explanatory.
- Can View Master And Other Sub Accounts Order History - the Sub Account can see orders of his Master Account and other Sub Accounts. The option is not visible by default.
To activate this option, enable the setting Parent accounts can see orders of the sub-accounts following: Stores → Configuration → CMINDS MULTI USER ACCOUNTS → Subaccounts Configuration → Parent accounts can see orders of their sub-accounts → Yes.
- Can Create Order - Self-explanatory.
- Can Go To Checkout Page / Can Go to Cart Page - Access to each of these pages.
Checkout Page vs Cart Page
While the cart and checkout pages are related, they are different addresses. Example of where links can be found:
- Will Receive Order Placed Notification - Self-explanatory.
- Force Usage Parent Company Name / VAT / Addresses - Makes the new nested account receive the Company Name / VAT / Addresses from the parent account.
- Can Approve Orders - Self-explanatory.
- Can Manage Subaccounts - Allows the new account to manage nested subaccounts. (Note that this permission requires "Nested Subaccounts" to be enabled. Read more: Adding Nested Subaccounts)
- Can Approve Orders - Allows the user to approve orders of a certain amount. You can set the limit in the following fields:
Leaving the field blank or inputting "0" will result in no limit.
Admin - Log in as Subaccount
The extension allows the admin to log in as subaccounts. Click on the Login link next to a necessary account and you will be logged in automatically as the chosen subaccount.