Multi User Magento 2 - Adding Subaccounts
Subaccounts can be managed both in the Admin Panel and in the Customer Account on the front-end.
Note that the admin can assign existing accounts to parent accounts.
Admin Panel (via backend)
As an administrator, you have the ability to create, preview and edit any subaccount on the system.
To access subaccounts on the admin panel navigate to Customers → All Customers. Then, click on the 'Edit' button in any of the listed customers. Ensure that the chosen customer does not have a "Parent Customer" listed in the rightmost column.
Assigning an Existing User to a Parent Account
Go to the Account Information tab and then check Select Parent Account.
This will assign the account that you are editing to be the Subaccount of the chosen Parent Account.
Adding a Subaccount With New User
On the details page, select the 'Manage Subaccounts' tab from the left menu bar. You will see a list of all subaccounts created by a selected customer.
To add a new account as the Administrator click on the 'Add Subaccount' button and you will see a form with three tabs:
- Subaccount information - Define the first and last name, email and determine whether or not the Account is active
- Password - Set the password for this sub user
- Permission - Select permissions for the sub user
Customer Account (As Master Account user)
To add a subaccount, log in as a customer and go to the My Account page.
If the extension is enabled in the admin area ‘Manage Subaccounts‘ will appear in the left bar. Clicking it will display the list of subaccount users.
To add a new subaccount, select the ‘Add Subaccount' button.
The ' Add Subaccount' form will appear. Enter out the subaccount Information, assign a password to it and select the permissions for it.
- Can Modify Account Data - Self-explanatory.
- Can Display All Orders History - Self-explanatory.
- Can View Master And Other Sub Accounts Order History - the Sub Account can see orders of his Master Account and other Sub Accounts. The option is not visible by default. To activate this option, enable the setting Parent accounts can see orders of the sub accounts following: Stores → Configuration → CMINDS MULTI USER ACCOUNTS → Subaccounts Configuration → Parent accounts can see orders of their sub accounts → Yes.
- Can Create Order - Self-explanatory.
- Can Go To Checkout / Checkout Cart - Self-explanatory.
- Will Receive Order Placed Notification - Self-explanatory.
- Force Usage Parent Company Name / VAT / Addresses - Makes the new nested account receive the Company Name / VAT / Addresses from the parent account.
- Can Approve Orders - Self-explanatory.
- Can Manage Subaccounts - Allows the new account to manage nested subaccounts. (Note that this permission requires "Nested Subaccounts" to be enabled. Read more: Adding Nested Subaccounts)
- Can Approve Orders - Allows the user to approve orders of a certain amount. You can set the limit in the following fields:
Leaving the field blank or inputing "0" will result in no limit.
Enabling / Disabling the 'Add Subaccount' Permission
The Site administrator has the ability to enable or disable the permission of Master Account holders to add and edit subaccounts. Navigate to Stores → Configuration → CMINDS MULTI USER ACCOUNTS → Parent Accounts Configuration → General Options
Set the Allow MasterAccounts to create / edit subaccounts option to "Yes" to enable this feature or "No" to disable it.
Allowing newly created Accounts to Create / Edit subaccounts
Within the Multi User extension Administrators can allow newly created Master users the ability to create / manage subaccounts of their own.
To enable or disable this feature navigate to Stores → Configuration → Customers → Masteraccounts Configuration → Create New Masteraccount Options
To allow newly created Masteraccounts to create and edit subaccounts by default set the New Customer is able to create subaccounts option to "Yes", to disable this feature set it to "No".