CM Download (CMDM) - User Data Privacy and GDPR Compliance
User Data Privacy and GDPR Compliance
This article lists data the CM Download Manager handles and the tools the admin can use to ensure users have control over their data. The subject is closely tied with the GDPR (General Data Privacy Regulation).
Note that the plugin provides the admin with tools to enforce and communicate the regulation, and that it's his/her responsibility to adopt them.
Data the admin can collect that can be considered personal information
- Username - Will be deleted if the account is deleted.
- Email - Will be deleted if the account is deleted.
- IP Address - The admin can choose to collect the IP Address of guest and logged-in users.
- Download Activity - Includes date and downloaded file name information.
- Downloads - The content is controlled by the users and can be deleted by them at any time. The admin can choose to moderate it or not.
General Compliance Tools
- Terms/Disclaimer - The admin can set a disclaimer for users who access the download page for the first time.
Learn more: Adding a Disclaimer.
- Log and Statistics - Can be disabled at any time.
Learn more: Log and Statistics.
- Downloads Removal - The user can delete all of his/her submissions from the User Dashboard, generated with the shortcode [cmdm-my-downloads].
Learn more: Shortcodes.
- Moderation - The admin can manage the permission of the users, including the ability to view files or upload files without moderation.
More information about the CM Download Manager WordPress Plugin
Other WordPress products can be found at CreativeMinds WordPress Store
Let us know how we can Improve this Product Documentation Page
To open a Support Ticket visit our support center