CM Tooltip (CMTG) - Terms - Disable Tooltip on Specific Posts or Pages (Disable Metabox)
Controlling Tooltip Appearance on Specific Posts/Pages
In the Pro, Pro+ and eCommerce Editions of the CM Tooltip Glossary, it is possible to customize the tooltip behavior for each of your WordPress pages or posts individually.
This means that you can disable certain elements of your tooltip, or hide them completely from appearing on the specified page or post.
How to Enable the Setting
There are two options that control this. Both can be found under Admin Dashboard → CM Tooltip Glossary → Settings → General Settings.
1) Term Highlighting on Custom Posts
Under Term highlighting, make sure you choose the necessary custom post types:
2) Display the "CM Tooltip - Disables" Metabox
Under Edit Screen Elements, make sure you enable the metabox:
How do I customize my tooltips on individual WordPress Pages?
This is done by using the metabox called “CM Tooltip - Disables”, which we enabled in the previous settings. It appears at the top right corner of your WordPress page and post editor:
The metabox includes the following options:
- Don’t show the Tooltips on this post/page – Disables tooltips on hovering terms on this page.
- Don’t show links to glossary terms on this post/page – Removes links to the term page.
Specific guide: CM Tooltip (CMTG) - Terms - Accessing the Term Page
- Don’t search for glossary items on this post/page – Disables parsing of items on this page. This mean no highlighted terms or tooltips at all on this page.
- Overwrite the "Highlight Only First Occurrence" setting on this page - Inverts the default setting.
Specific guide: CM Tooltip (CMTG) - Terms - Controlling Where Tooltip Appears
- Don't search for glossary items on ACF fields on this page - Disable parsing ACF (Advanced Custom Fields).
Learn more about Custom Fields from WordPress.org.
- Overwrite the "Open glossary term page in a new windows/tab?" setting on this page.
- Overwrite the default related terms setting for this post/page - Inverts the default setting.
Specific guide: CM Tooltip (CMTG) - Terms - Related Terms
- Don’t show include this post/page in Related Articles – If set the related terms widget will not appear at the bottom of the post/page.
Specific guide: CM Tooltip (CMTG) - Related Articles - Settings and How to Disable.