CM Registration (CMREG) - Settings - General Settings
Table of Contents
- Accessing the Settings
- API Keys (reCAPTCHA)
- Edit Profile Form
- Log out
- Toast Message
- Admin Bar
Accessing the Settings
From the WordPress dashboard navigate to CM Registration Pro → Settings → General.
Configure the registration/login pop-up.
- Authentication pop-up window - Decide what will be shown:
- Login and Registration - Will display both forms
- Only login - Will display only the login form
- Only registration - Will display only the registration form
- Allow users to close the pop-up - If enabled, the user will able to close the pop-up.
- Hide password field characters - If enabled, the password field characters typed on the frontend will remain hidden until the user clicks the eye icon. Otherwise, typed characters will be visible all the time.
TIP: Activating the Pop-up
You can enable/disable the pop-up on each page or post. Simply check or uncheck the option under the CM Registration Authentication metabox.
Important! Use reCAPTCHA v2 Keys onlyUsing reCAPTCHA v3 keys may lock you out of your website.
In the API Keys section enter Google reCAPTCHA keys to enable reCAPTCHA for the login area. reCAPTCHA helps prevent bots from crashing a website. They look something like this...
In General Settings click on the "Register new reCAPTCHA key" button to be directed to the Google page for generating new API keys.
Existing keys will appear in the grey box in the top portion of the screen. To generate new reCAPTCHA keys for the site use the form below this.
- Label - A name for the reCAPTCHA key used to identify it.
- Choose the type of reCAPTCHA - Choose one of the options inside reCAPTCHA v2.
- Domains - Enter the Web address that the reCAPTCHA key is going to be used on.
- Accept the reCAPTCHA Terms of Service - Check this box.
- Click the "Register" button.
The Site key and Secret key will then be generated and can be copied and pasted into corresponding fields on the WordPress Dashboard.
Remember to click Save at the bottom of the page.
Note for Wordfence Users: "Verification Required" Error
If you face the error message "verification required" during login attempts, it's likely due to a conflict with WordFence's settings.
The solution is simple: turn off the v3 reCAPTCHA option in Wordfence's Login Security page.
More information: Wordfence documentation
Edit Profile Form
Note: Learn more about Editing User Profile
This section allows you to display or hide these fields on the profile form:
- Display name field
- Website URL field
- About me field
By default, the hide option is set to "no" (meaning they will be displayed).
Here you can also:
- Enable email confirm - If enabled, the user will be able to change his email only after confirmation of the new email address. Note: this feature was introduced in version 3.1.8.
- Enable profile picture - If enabled, the user will be able to change profile picture from edit profile page. Note: this feature was introduced in version 3.2.7.
Enabled option on the front-end:
Admin can see the result while editing user profile on the back-end:
- Redirect after logout to URL address - Choose what page opens up for users after they logout.
- Logout after inactivity time - If a site user doesn't do anything on the site for a defined amount of time they're automatically logged out.
- Reload browser after logout - If the user has been logged out the plugin will automatically refresh the browser. This can be good for security reasons if a user has stepped away from a computer and forgotten to log out leaving private information on the screen.
- Custom CSS - Custom CSS styles can be applied to pages containing the Registration Pro Plugin.
Note, this feature was moved to a new tab in version 2.7.3. Learn more: CM Registration (CMREG) - Extra - Custom CSS Styling
- Overlay background opacity - Sets the percentage transparency / opacity of the background of the registration box.
- Preload login form overlay - Toggles whether to preload the login form or wait for the page to load first.
- Display form fields label - Choose to display or hide the form fields label, as the ones highlighted below:
Toast Message Time [Seconds] - Toast messages are nonintrusive alerts that pop up over the content. The default value is 10 seconds.
Hide Admin Bar- Choose to display or hide the admin bar overall front-end. (Feature added in version 2.6.5)
You can also make an exception to certain user roles. Check the user roles that should be able to view the admin bar.