CM Video Lessons Manager (CMVLM) - Shortcodes
What are Shortcodes
Shortcodes are codes the admin inputs in the Back-End that are replaced by live content in the Front-End. For instance, a plugin might have the shortcode [date] that will be transformed in the current date whenever the user accesses the post.
In the Admin Panel → CM Video Lessons Manager Pro → Shortcodes page, there is a list of available shortcodes for the Video Lessons Manager plugin. This article will describe each shortcode and its parameters.
[cmvl-playlist view="playlist|tiles" layout="left|right|bottom|nomenu" course="id|slug" lesson="id|slug" video=id navbar=1 searchbar=1 linksbar=1 ajax=1 urlsearch=0 maxwidth=0]
Use: Shows the list of available videos on a specific lesson or course.
- Option to turn off the linksbar, navbar and searchbar and ajax for enabling/disabling Ajax calls.
- Set the maximum playlist width in pixels by parameter maxwidth (0 means it's disabled).
- With view attribute admin can set specific videos positioning for each playlist: tiles or playlist (list of videos).
- Also with layout attribute admin can decide where to display the video list (only if using view=playlist) - left, right or bottom.
- Urlsearch is used for the developers to allow searching a keyword passed by the URL parameter.
Use: Displays only a single player for a specific video ID. You can use all other attributes described before.
Use: Displays only a single player for a specific lesson ID. You can use all other attributes described before.
Use: Displays only a single player for a specific course ID. You can use all other attributes described before.
Video List by Course
[cmvl-videolist course="id" split_by_lesson=0]
Use: Displays the videos according to the course ID. You can also split videos by lesson if you set split_by_lesson to 1.
Use: Display all the lessons.
- You can group by course if you set "group_by_course" to 1.
Lesson List By Subscription
[cmvl-lessons-list subscription="active or inactive"]
Use: Display all the lessons by subscription.
- You can optionally filter current user's active or inactive subscriptions using the optional parameter "subscription". The inactive subscription will be displayed with the checkout option.
Use: Display the courses list.
For example, you can use this shortcode to display the courses list in the following way
[cmvl-bookmarks navbar=1 searchbar=1 linksbar=1 ajax=1 view="playlist|tiles"]
Shows the list of all user saved bookmarks with the ability to turn navbar and searchbar off.
Display subscriptions history. You can optionally filter user's active or inactive subscriptions using the optional parameter "status". The inactive subscription will be displayed with the checkout option.
Display user's dashboard divided by tabs. You can modify and create new dashboard tabs in the plugin settings under the Dashboard tab ( read the guide).
Shows the user's own statistics about viewing the videos. The user can see which videos he/she watched and what percentage was completed out of the overall. Read the specific guide.
Use: Display the user's progress (percent) for the video, lesson or progress.
- id - Write the id to identify the video, lesson or progress.
- showtitle - "0" hides the title, "1" shows it.
[cmvl-video-progress id="100" showtitle="1"] can result in: