CM Video Lessons Manager (CMVLM) - How To - Create a Bookmark Page With Notes
User Bookmarks and Notes
Logged-in User Only Feature
Note that only logged-in users can bookmark videos and track notes, since anonymous users don't have data attached to them.
As such, every bookmark and note can only be seen by the current user.
Each user can create bookmark videos and add notes to each to keep in their profile.
Additionally, the admin can create a page with the video bookmarks list.
TIP: How To Bookmark a Video And Add Notes?
Setting a bookmark is easy: simply click on the bookmark star icon.
Every video has a note field. Write the notes down and click outside of the text area to save the notes.
Creating Bookmark Page (Shortcode)
TIP: What Are Shortcodes
Shortcodes add dynamic content to your site via a small piece of code.
Learn more: Shortcodes - How To Use | Finding ID of Post/Page/Other Content
Inserting the following shortcode on any page or post will create a list of the user bookmarks which will look the same as the default view.
- navbar (1/0) - Shows the upper navigation bar allowing selection of channels and categories
- ajax (1/0) - Defines if the videos are shown in Ajax or non Ajax mode
- searchbar (1/0) - Shows the search bar allowing search of content in video titles and description
- view (playlist|tiles) - defines the default view of the videos (Learn more)
- linksbar (1/0) - shows the links to the bookmark and the statistics in the upper navigation
[cmvl-bookmarks navbar=1 searchbar=1 linksbar=1 ajax=1 view="tiles"] will result in:
TIP: Add Bookmark List To User Dashboard
Likely the best place to add the bookmark list is on a separate tab of the User Dashboard. Learn more about it:
More information about the CM Video Lessons Manager WordPress Plugin
Other WordPress products can be found at CreativeMinds WordPress Store
Let us know how we can Improve this Product Documentation Page
To open a Support Ticket visit our support center