CM Video Lessons Manager (CMVLM) - Admin - Managing, Importing, Deleting Videos
In this guide we will discuss how to import, manage/modify and delete the videos.
Table of Contents
To begin, from the WordPress Dashboard, navigate to CM Video Lesson Manager Pro → Videos.
Here the list of videos currently imported to the WordPress site are listed. Videos can be filtered based on Title, publication date, and lesson. There is a search option in the top right corner. Here Bulk actions can also be applied to to the videos in your library.
Importing Videos from Vimeo and Wistia
Note: it's also possible to import/export videos between different websites with WordPress' tool. Read our guide about this feature.
Videos must be uploaded to either your Vimeo or Wistia account before they can be imported by the Video Lesson Manager Pro plugin. To begin the process, click on the "Import Videos" at the top of the Videos screen, and then you will be at the import page show below:
Next, follow these steps:
1) Choose platform
First, choose your video platform (Vimeo or Wistia). Then you can select from either " Show all videos" or "Show Vimeo albums and channels".
Vimeo's albums and channels must be previously configured in its account for them to show up in the plugin. The company explains those feature in its' documentation page:
- Albums allow you to organize videos into sets. You can create Albums and add your own videos or other relevant videos you come across on Vimeo;
- Channels allow you to create, curate, and collate your own special thematic home for videos on Vimeo. Create a Channel to give your viewers a slick destination to watch your videos, or set up a Channel to showcase videos you particularly like from other Vimeo members.
2) Assign the videos to a lesson (optional)
Decide which lesson to assign the video to, or whether to do it later. Don't worry about skipping this, because you can modify the setting at any time.
3) Skip existing videos (optional)
It's possible to skip videos that were already uploaded by checking this option:
4) Import the selected videos
Click on the check boxes beside the videos that are to be uploaded then click " Import chosen videos".
The videos associated with the chosen API will appear. The Thumbnail, title, video duration and release date are also displayed.
Note that only 50 videos will appear at once. To load the next batch of 50, click the button Load More, as highlighted below. This limit helps preventing overburdening the server.
5) Import Completed
A message will appear to indicate the successful import.
Upon successfully being imported the chosen video or videos will appear at the top of the list of videos shown on the videos page.
Editing Video Meta Information
To Edit a video's meta information hover over the row of the video to be edited. Options should appear below the video's title and description. Click the " Edit" option to open the full Edit screen or "Quick Edit" to open the short drop down edit option.
For each video that is added to WordPress with Video Lessons Manager a Custom post is created. This Post contains all the Meta information relating to the video. These various fields can be edited manually here.
- Title - By default this appears the same as it does on Vimeo or Wistia.
- Description - Also imported from Vimeo or Wistia by default. Shortcodes are accepted in this field.
- Assigned to Lesson - Videos can only be assigned to one lesson at a time. To assign the same video to different lessons import the video more than once and assign each import to a different lesson.
- Status and Visibility - Applies to the front-end of the site. For videos to appear this must be set to " Public", which is the default for newly imported videos.
- Player - Indicates the platform that the video is being hosted on. It also shows how the video will appear on the page.
- API information - Indicates clearly where the video was imported from.
- Files - Attaches files to this specific video (feature added in version 3.1.7).
Hover over the chosen video row until the hidden options appear below the video title/description and select " Quick Edit" . This will hide the video thumbnail and information and will display the quick edit fields. The Quick edit is more limited. The video Description cannot be edited in the Quick Edit mode and the video's origin cannot be viewed.
Videos can be deleted either individually or in bulk.
Deleting videos Individually
Hover over the row of the video to be deleted to display the options for the video. Click on " Trash".
Deleting videos in Bulk
To delete videos in bulk check the boxes to the left of any video that is to be deleted from the list. Then from the " Bulk Actions" drop down menu selected "Move to Trash" and click the Apply button.
Recovering deleted videos
Videos will be deleted by both of these two means without any further prompts or confirmations. Immediately after deleting a video it can be recovered by clicking on " Undo" in the message at the top of the Video list page.
Deleted videos can also be recovered later. On the videos page click on " Trash" to show videos that have been deleted.
On the Trash page the videos that have been moved to Trash are displayed. Hovering over a deleted video will display options for that video. Choose between Restoring the video or Deleting Permanently.
Videos can also be restored in bulk by checking the box to the left of multiple videos and choosing " Restore" from the Bulk Actions drop down menu on either the top or bottom of the video list, then clicking Apply.