Appointments Booking - Creating Calendars
The appointment booking plugin can host an unlimited number of calendars each managing a different schedule.
To create a calendar, you need first to go the plugin admin menu and click on Calendars.
On the calendars menu, (which is using WordPress taxonomies dashboard) you can see existing calendars and create a new one.
You can also edit or delete an existing calendar.
For each calendar, you can define the name, slug (which is later used to identify the calendar in the shortcode), the number of spots, the calendar moderator email to which all booking notifications will be sent and the session length.
- Events Duration - The duration of each event.
- Booking time availability
- Booking has to be made after (hours) - Bookings will only be available after the set amount of hours. For example, if it is set to 24, the user can only book one day after the current time. This affects the calendar (learn more)
- Booking can't be made after (hours) - Bookings will only be available before the set amount of hours. For example, if it is set to 24, the user can only book within the next 24 hours. This affects the calendar (learn more)
Example - the following calendar has the following settings:
- Booking has to be made after (hours) - 2
- Booking has to be made after (hours) - 3
- Ignore DST - Input "1" to ignore daylight saving time.
- Booking Spots - How many spots each event will have.
- Automatic booking - You should also decide if the calendar accept booking automatically or require moderation and approval for each booking.
- Hide timezone dropdown - Check to hide the timezone selector (Feature added in version 1.3.4)
- Default timezone - Choose a default timezone (Feature added in version 1.3.4)
Adding the Calendar
To embed the calendar into a post or a page, use the shortcode.
Make sure to use the calendar slug and not name. Learn more about shortcodes: Appointments Booking - Shortcodes.
Booking Tolerance on the Calendar View
When the calendar is locked before or after some time (Booking has to be made after / Booking can't be made after options), this affects the appearance of the calendar too. You can modify it in the Appearance tab:
There are also relevant labels.