Appointments Booking - Settings - General Settings
You can find the general settings in the plugin admin menu, under Options.
You can find several options to customize the calendar appearance:
- First day of the week - defined which day will show first on the front view of the calendar. This settings it for all calendars defined.
- View of the calendar - The default view of the calendar (Day, Week, Month)
- Small screen (mobile) max width - Input a number in pixels. If the device screen is smaller than this number, the view will be changed to "Day" by default.
If you set to 0, the screen size will not be taken in account.
This setting improves the mobile view, as the Day view is smaller, and therefore best suited to smaller screens.
- Search for an open slot - define within how many days range calendar will look for an open slot when user load the calendar. Setting a high value might cause a slowness in calendar load in case the calendar is busy.
- Send email reminder before appointment [hours] - Setting 0 disables the option.
- Display booked slots on calendar - Choose yes to display the number of available and total spots for each event.
Example: If the event has an opening and the user has the relevant permission, the + icon will be visible. Clicking on it directs the user to create an event from the back-end.
- Show email in Booking title - Adds the user email to the name of the booking. You can see this in the bookings dashboard, as shown:
- Show timezone in booking title - Allows you to see timezone in booking title.
It is possible to make multiple booking choice since the version 1.8.0. The following options allow you enable/disable this feature.
- Book whole day allow - Choose Yes to display buttons that allow users to book whole day.
- Book whole day button title - Here you can edit the text of the button for the whole day booking.
- Allow multiple bookings (days and slots) - Choose Yes to allow users make multiple bookings of individual slots and whole days.
Learn more about multiple booking in this guide: Appointments Booking - Appointments - Multiple Bookings Choice
The following options allow you to configure name and email that will be displayed in email notifications that user get.
- From Name - Write here the name of sender.
- From E-mail - Write here the email of sender.
- Discussion form page - This is a preselected page which is generated once plugin is installed and includes the shortcode for the discussion option. You can change this page while selecting another one.
if you want to reduce potential automatic spam request you should add a recaptcha keys in the plugin general setting. Once added all forms for all calendars will have reCaptcha at the bottom of the form.
- reCAPTCHA API site key - Write here generated API site key.
- reCAPTCHA API secret key - Write here generated API secret key.
Learn how to get a reCAPTCHA key : General Support - reCAPTCHA - What is It and How to Enable - CreativeMinds Products Documentation
General WordPress Settings
Some general settings are controlled by WordPress settings. The Date Format shown on the calendar and also the Time Format are taken from your WordPress site general settings.