CM Answers (CMA) - Theme - Control the Index Page look and Feel
Controlling the Question List Look and Feel
Navigate to Admin Dashboard → CM Answers PRO → Settings.
Click on Appearance tab. Inside the appearance tab you can find several option to control and enhance the look and feel of your questions list.
Using a Shortcode or Auto Generated Index Page
The plugin support two alternative ways to show the list of all questions.
Auto Generated (1) - is the auto generated question page list. This list is using the template file defined by the plugin settings. This questions list has more configuration options but is less flexible in terms of design.
Shortcode base (2) - a shortcode generated question list. Referred as the frontend Ajax. The list will fit into every template your theme offer as it is more dynamic and adjustable.
It is possible to suppress both list from the plugin settings.
General Question Page Options
- Page template for index - Let you choose the page template of the current theme or set default. Using your theme page.php template file may in some cases works better in terms of design and overall look than the built-in CMA "default theme". Using your own theme templates also means that you can use your default sidebars widgets. This option only apply to the non shortcode generated question list page.
- Show index page title - This option works only if you are using the non shortcode generated question list page. It let's you control the appearance of the page title above the question list.
- Amount of Questions per page - Limit of the number of questions per page.
- Questions sorting - Choose the default option how to sort the questions.
- Text below header - You can enter text which will appear below the header of the questions index. This option only apply to the non shortcode generated question list page.
- Question form on top - Display the question form above the questions table (if enabled) or below (if disabled).
- Question form on a separate page - If enabled, the question form won't be displayed on the index page. Instead CMA will display a link to the question page. Question form will be displayed on the separate page.
- Show questions' description - Enable or disable showing the questions' description on the index page.
- Length of the question's fragment - Set the fragment length which will be displayed from the question's description.
Table of questions Settings
- Show number of votes for a question - If enabled, users will see rating column, based on chosen votes mode for questions.
- Show number of views for a question - If enabled, users will see number of views next to the question name (This option only apply to the non shortcode generated question list page.).
- Show number of answers for a question - If enabled, users will see number of answers next to the question name (This option only apply to the non shortcode generated question list page.).
- Display numbers vertically - If enabled, the votes, answers and views numbers will displayed vertically. If disabled - horizontally.
- Show information about the author of a question - If enabled, users will see the information about the author of the question next to the question name (This option only apply to the non shortcode generated question list page.).
- Author name as a link to his page - If enabled, the username will be a link to the contributor's page.
- Show information about the updates for a question - If enabled, users will see the information about the last update (the author and time/date) next to the question name (main Answers page only).
- Show question ID on questions table - Self-explanatory.
- Show label when question has no answer - The label "no_answers" can be customized in the label tab.
- Show author box on index page - Displays the author profile in a special box. Warning: can clash with "Show question info".
- Show question info - Displays info in the right column. Warning: can clash with "Show author box on index page".
- Show content under the title - Self-explanatory.
- Sticky questions background color - You can write color by name: white, red, lightblue. Or you can use html format #CCCCCC, #0000FF etc.
Get more information about the CM Answers WordPress Plugin
Find other WordPress products at the CreativeMinds WordPress Store
Let us know how we can Improve this Product Documentation Page
Visit our support center to open a Support Ticket