CM Business Directory (CMBD) - Business Page - Customizing What is Shown (Template, Colors, Related Businesses)
Navigate to the Admin Dashboard → CM Business Directory → Settings.
Click on the Business Page tab.
Business Page Defaults
In the Business Page Defaults box, change the following settings:
- Default template: Choose a default template from the drop down menu.
- It is possible to build additional templates. Learn more: CM Business Directory - Creating Custom Page Template
- Template bind with the_content() hook - Enable this option in case if your active theme "header.php" and "footer.php" files are empty and header/footer section designed with layouts or blocks. Note: this feature was introduced in version 1.9.7.
- Block business profile page for an anonymous user - If this option is enabled then anonymous user will not able to open business profile page with detailed information until he logged in. Note: this feature was introduced in version 2.0.4.
- Display business page date of publishing - Choose yes if you want to display the publish date of a Business.
- Display business page date of update - Choose yes if you want to display the updated date of a Business.
- Add Meta description - Select yes or no to add a meta description tag on the business page. By default, if this option is set to no; a meta tag containing the description will not be shown unless you have an SEO plugin that does this.
If you select this option, a meta description will be injected to the HTML source of the business page containing the business pitch if it has been entered. If you have Yoast SEO installed and you have filled up the meta description for the specific business, the Yoast description will be shown instead.
- Show WordPress Comments - Select yes to display the default WordPress comments section for each Business. This will allow users to leave comments on the business' page.
- Show WordPress sidebar - Select yes to display the WP sidebar on every Business page.
- Show back to business directory index link - Select yes to display the "back to directory index" link at the top of the business page. You can control the label associated with this link in the plugin settings.
- Back to business directory index link URL - Here you are able to add custom URL for back to business directory index link. If empty then page will redirect to the CM Business Directory page.
- Display business banner - Enable this option if you want to display business banner on the business page. (This feature was introduced in version 1.9.6).
- Show Business email address - Select yes to display an e-mail address next to the e-mail link on Business Page.
- Show business website URL - Enable this option to show the business website URL on the business page.
- Enable Lightbox - Turns on pop-ups for images and videos. (This feature was introduced in version 1.5.6)
- Display Map - Choose between these options to display a map on the sidebar. (This feature was introduced in version 1.6.0)
- Show embed map
- Don't show map
- Show link to map
- Display Address - This option defines whether to show the address on the business page or not. Every new added business will follow this setting, but it can be changed individually for every business while adding/editing it. Note: this option was introduced in version 1.9.10.
- Show address in paragraph format - You can either show the address information in items or condense it in a paragraph (This feature was introduced in version 1.6.0).
- Display Documents - Show or hide documents attached to that page
- Make phone number clickable - The HTML tag will be href="tel:"
Side Box Information
- Display business logo - Select yes to display the business logo on the top of the Business Page.
- Address display location - Select the place to display address information on the Business Page. You can choose between:
- Upper Part
- Left Side Bar
- Display Categories - Select the location to display category terms on the Business Page - left side below the business logo or on the top of the page.
- Display Tags - Select the location to display tags on the Business Page - left side below the business logo or on the top of the page.
- Show related businesses - Select yes or no to show related businesses on the business page. The related business widget will show at the bottom of the page. You can also control the number of related business that will appear and how they will be selected
- Related business by category - Select yes or no to feature related businesses by category on the business page. Choosing the related business by category means that only if the related businesses are from the same category of the current business they will appear. If this option is not selected a random list of related businesses will be shown.
- The number of related businesses - Choose the number of related businesses to display on the business page.
- Activate Custom Taxonomy - Select yes to use Custom Taxonomy.
- Display Custom Taxonomy - Display the Custom Taxonomy information on the top or side of the business page.
- Set Custom Taxonomy label (singular) - Enter a single name for the Custom Taxonomy.
- Set Custom Taxonomy label (plural) - Enter a plural name for the Custom Taxonomy.
- Activate Business Video Field - Select yes to use video fields for Businesses.
Business Page Colors
- Business page background - The background color for the business page.
- Business social/address section text color - The color for the text in social/address box.
- Business social/address section link color - The color for links in social/address box.
- Business social/address section link on hover color - The color for links on hover in social/address box.
- Business social/address section background color - The color for social/address box background.
- Show additional custom links - Select yes to show additional custom links on the business page in the business social information section. The label and icon will be shown on the business page in the social information section.
- Custom link label and icon - Set this option to show additional custom links on the business page in the business social information section. The label and icon will be shown on the business page in the social information section.
Continue for the following three links...
- Show additional custom fields - Select yes on this option to show additional custom fields on the business page social information section. The label and icon will be shown on the business page in the social information section.
- Custom field position - Select the location where this field should be displayed from the dropdown menu.
WhatsApp Chat Widget
Since the version 2.0.5 it is possible to enable WhatsApp Chat Widget on every business page. The widget will be displayed if there is a contact phone number on the business page.
The options are:
- Show WhatsApp chat widget - Enable this option to display the widget on the business page. Note: Business page must have a phone number to display the widget.
- Show mobile only - Enable this option to display the widget only on mobile devices, or disable it to display the widget on all devices.
- Show for logged-in users only - Enable this option to display the widget only for logged-in users.
- Widget code - This code defines the behavior of the widget button. You can always configure it to your need and get a new code at getbutton.io and paste here. Note: When you get a new code and paste into this area, you need to replace the phone number in this code with this shortcode:
[business_phone]. So that the widget was relevant for every business.
TIP: Disable Widget for Chosen Businesses
You can turn off the widget separately for each business page while creating or editing a business, just enable the option Hide WhatsApp widget.
Learn more: CM Business Directory (CMBD) - Add Business