Search Console - Using The Plugin
Using The Plugin
Prefer a Complete Step-by-Step?
Check our use case guides:
- Search Console - Use Case - How To Redirect a User's Search Terms to a Specific Landing Page On Your Site
- Search Console - Use Case - How To Automatically Replace the Search Term a User Used With Another One
- Search Console - Use Case - How To Add Search Autocomplete To Your Site
- Search Console - Use Case - How To Stop Malicious IPs From Slowing Down Your Site With Many Search Requests
- Search Console - Use Case - How to Exclude Specific Pages From Being Searched
This guide introduces the Search Console plugin and its features.
The Search Improvement Tools plugin boosts WordPress search.
1) Advanced Rules
It boasts three overall improvements
- Redirect - Whenever a user searches for a certain word in the search bar, he/she will be redirected to an internal URL of your choice.
Learn more: Redirect From Search
- Replace - Whenever a user searches for a certain word in the search bar, that word will be replaced with another.
Learn more: Replace From Search
- Auto Suggest - The search box will suggest certain terms based on what what the user is searching.
Learn more: Suggest From Search
- Ban - Users will be denied from searching certain terms. Optionally, you can block IP addresses that performed blocked searches.
Ban From Search
Checking and Adding Banned IPs
2) Search Log
It also includes a search log, that shows all the performed searches with additional information.
Learn more: Search Log
3) Excluding Specific Pages from Being Searched
Since the version 1.2.2 it is possible to exclude posts, pages or any other custom post types from being searched. Learn more about it in this use case: Search Console - Use Case - How to Exclude Specific Pages From Being Searched