Search Console - Replace From Search
Replacing From Search
Access the Search Log to quickly add rules
What is This Feature
With replace, whenever a user searches for a certain word in the search bar, that word will be replaced with another.
Head to Admin Dashboard → CM Search Tools → Dashboard.
All settings are found within the tab Redirect Dashboard.
Adding a Replace Rule
- Enter the keyword on the left field (for instance "Table of Content").
Note - The match has to be exact. So, with this rule, the term will be replaced only when it matches.
- Table of Content → Will be replaced
- Tables of Content → Will not be replaced
- Table of Contents → Will be replaced, because the rule will be applied before the last "s" is considered
- Enter the new term (for instance "TOC")
- Save changes
You can add as many replace rules as you like. Click Delete to remove a rule, but be aware that there is no confirmation.