Search Console - Ban From Search
Ban From Search
Each time a search is blocked the user IP address is logged. You can easily block it from the Banned IPs dashboard. Learn more: Checking and Adding Banned IPs
What is This Feature
Ban negates searches of specified terms, either displaying a customizable denied message or redirecting the user.
Ban Feature Rules
Head to Admin Dashboard → CM Search Tools → Settings to configure how the ban rules work.
The settings define what happens when users search for a banned term.
- Banned Search Result - Choose between:
- Show Error Message - Displays a customizable message to the user
- Redirect - Sends the user to a specified URL
- Banned Message - If Show Error Message is chosen, you can customize the label. The default is 'Unsupported Search Term".
- Banned Redirect Url - If Redirect is chosen in the first setting, you can specify where the user will be sent to
- Ban Empty Search - Choose yes to add a rule to ban empty searches
Adding a Ban Rule
Head to Admin Dashboard → CM Search Tools → Dashboard.
Check the Banned Dashboard to manage rules.
Enter the terms on the left field and save changes. Terms can be any combination of words.
You can add as many rules as you like. Click Delete to remove a rule, but be aware that there is no confirmation.