Order Approval Manager (M2) - General Usage (Customer SIde, Admin Side)
How Customer Uses Extension
During checkout, the customers will be provided with a new payment option named Order Approval Payment Method.
The customer can select one of the provided payment methods by clicking on the radio boxes. Only one option can be selected.
Once the Order Approval is selected, the customer will need to enter the Payer's details like name, e-mail and add a message. The user, who should pay the order, will get an e-mail and ability to complete the purchase or cancel it.
- Recipient Name - allows entering the name of the person approving and paying for the purchase. The field is required.
- Recipient Email - allows entering an email address of the person approving and paying for the purchase. The field is required.
- Note to Recipient - a field that can be used for the person making the purchase approval request to leave a note for the person who should approve or pay for the purchase. This will be included in the approval request email. The field is required.
Order Approval Manager (Admin Side)
Orders at various stages of the Approval process will appear in the Order Approval Manager section in the Backend. From the admin panel go to SALES → OAPM Orders.
The admin has an overview of the past and current orders that have been made with the Order Approval Payment Method option chosen. Some details regarding the order ID, date of the order, order creator's name, payer's name, the sum, the order status, and the approval status are shown.
You can also view the orders by clicking on the View option in Action. Or you can click Approve to approve the pending orders.
The admin can filter or search the Order Approval orders above the list as well.
The OAPM status can display five results:
- Active - the order has been placed and is awaiting approval. The status is under the Pending Order Lifetime setting defined in Configuration.
- Not Active - the order has been placed but not approved or paid for. The status is under the Pending Order Lifetime setting defined in Configuration.
- Finalized - the order has been placed and approved by the payer. After the notifications are sent to the Payer and Requester, and the order is placed by the Payer, the order gets the Finalized status.
- Canceled - the order has been placed but the payer has chosen to cancel the order rather than approving it.
OAPM Order View
Clicking on the View link of a chosen order will give a more detailed view of that Order Approval order.
The Order View displays a detailed description of the order. Here in the menu bar at the top, the admin can choose Invoice and Ship to complete the order.
The Comments History displays automatically generated status order approval updates that act as a log for the order as it goes through the Order Approval Payment process.
The Admin can enter order comments too by default, and these will appear amongst the Order Approval comments chronologically.