Appointments Booking - Setup Step 1 - Create a Calendar
Setup Step 1 - Create a Calendar
Appointments Booking Initial Steps
The first step in setting up the CM Booking Calendar Plugin is to create your first Calendar.
Navigate to CM Appointments Booking Pro → Calendars. The list of previously created calendars appears on the right. On the left is the Add New Calendar form.
Calendar Settings 1) - Basic Fields
Fill out all of the required fields for the Calendar:
- Name: The name of the Calendar for the Front-end of the site
- Slug: The URL friendly name for the Calendar (used for shortcode)
- Description: The backend description of the calendar (use caution as some themes will display it on the front-end)
- Notification email: The email for the manager of the Booking calendar who will receive notifications of Bookings made
Calendar Settings 2) - Calendar Fields
Then set the following settings before clicking the blue Add New Calendar button:
- Events duration: Choose the duration of booked events (e.g. 15 minutes consultation, 45 minutes session, 1h doctor visit, 3 hour walking tour etc.)
- Booking time availability
- Minimum time before booking (in hours) - Bookings will only be available after the set amount of hours. For example, if it is set to 24, the user can only book one day after the current time. This affects the calendar.
- Maximum time before booking (in hours) - Bookings will only be available before the set amount of hours. For example, if it is set to 24, the user can only book within the next 24 hours. This affects the calendar (learn more)
Example - The calendar below has the following settings:
- Minimum time before booking (in hours) - 2
- Maximum time before booking (in hours) - 3
- Booking Spots - How many spots each event has. You can choose to hide this information from your users in the General Settings.
- Show tooltip with additional information on booked slot - Enable this option if you want to display short info about booked slots on the front-end. Learn more about it in this guide: Appointments Booking - How To - Display Short Info About Booked Slots On the Front-End. Note: this option was introduced in version 2.3.3.
- Change Available Timezones - Allows to add different timezones that the user will be able to choose on the frontend calendar. Note: This option was introduced in version 1.4.8.Example:
- Ignore DST - Check this option to ignore daylight saving time.
- Automatic booking - Checking this box will set each booking as accepted automatically meaning Bookings manager's approval is not required for new bookings.
- Use user timezone for bookings - If enabled, Calendar will use the current user's timezone for creating a Booking (Feature added in version 1.5.0).
- Hide timezone dropdown - Check to hide the timezone selector (Feature added in version 1.3.4).
- Set default timezone - Choose a default timezone (Feature added in version 1.3.4).
- Hide all events except Group Meeting events - Displays only group meetings. This setting is related to the Group Meeting add-on and will only appear if the add-on is enabled.
- Image - You can add an image to the calendar or remove it using relevant buttons. Note: this option was introduced in version 2.2.5.
That image will be displayed on the front-end:
You can now click the Add New Calendar button.
Learn more: Appointments Booking - Creating Calendars
TIP: Managing Calendars
When the Calendar has been successfully created it will appear at the top of the list of Calendars on the right.