Appointments Booking - Setup Step 1- Create a Calendar
Setup Step 1 - Create a Calendar
Appointments Booking Initial Steps
The first step in setting up the CM Booking Calendar Plugin is to create your first Calendar.
Navigate to CM Appointments Booking Pro → Calendars. The list of previously created calendars appears on the right. On the left is the Add New Calendar form.
Calendar Settings 1) - Basic Fields
Fill out all of the required fields for the Calendar:
- Name: The name of the Calendar for the Front-end of the site
- Slug: The URL friendly name for the Calendar (used for shortcode)
- Description: The backend description of the calendar (use caution as some themes will display it on the front-end)
- Notification email: The email for the manager of the Booking calendar who will receive notifications of Bookings made
Calendar Settings 2) - Calendar Fields
Then set the final three settings before clicking the blue Add New Calendar button:
- Events duration: Choose how long calendar events that may be booked may be. (e.g. 1h doctor visit, 3 hour walking tour etc)
- Booking time availability
- Booking has to be made after (hours) - Bookings will only be available after the set amount of hours. For example, if it is set to 24, the user can only book one day after the current time. This affects the calendar (learn more)
- Booking can't be made after (hours) - Bookings will only be available before the set amount of hours. For example, if it is set to 24, the user can only book within the next 24 hours. This affects the calendar (learn more)
Example - the following calendar has the following settings:
- Booking has to be made after (hours) - 2
- Booking has to be made after (hours) - 3
- Booking Spots - How many spots each event has. You can choose to hide this information from your users in the General Settings.
- Automatic booking: Checking this box will set each booking as accepted automatically meaning Bookings manager's approval is not required for new bookings.
- Hide timezone dropdown - Check to hide the timezone selector (Feature added in version 1.3.4)
- Default timezone - Choose a default timezone (Feature added in version 1.3.4)
- Hide all events except Group Meeting events - Displays only group meetings. This setting is related to the Group Meeting add-on and will only appear if the add-on is enabled.
You can now click the Add Calendar button.
Learn more: Appointments Booking - Creating Calendars
Extra - Managing Calendars
When the Calendar has been successfully created it will appear at the top of the list of Calendars on the right.
With a successfully created calendar the next step is to create a new form for customers to enter their details after selecting time slots on the calendar.
More information about the Appointments Booking Plugin
Other WordPress products can be found at CreativeMinds WordPress Store
Let us know how we can Improve this Product Documentation Page
To open a Support Ticket visit our support center