Appointments Booking - Setup Step 1- Create a Calendar
Setup Step 1 - Create a Calendar
Appointments Booking Initial Steps
The first step in setting up the CM Booking Calendar Plugin is to create your first Calendar.
Navigate to CM Appointments Booking Pro → Calendars. The list of previously created calendars appears on the right. On the left is the Add New Calendar form.
Calendar Settings 1) - Basic Fields
Fill out all of the required fields for the Calendar:
- Name: The name of the Calendar for the Front-end of the site
- Slug: The URL friendly name for the Calendar (used for shortcode)
- Description: The backend description of the calendar (use caution as some themes will display it on the front-end)
- Notification email: The email for the manager of the Booking calendar who will receive notifications of Bookings made
Calendar Settings 2) - Calendar Fields
Then set the final three settings before clicking the blue Add New Calendar button:
- Events duration: Choose how long calendar events that may be booked may be. (e.g. 1h doctor visit, 3 hour walking tour etc)
- Booking min ahead hours: The minimum amount of time ahead of which interested customers must book. Attempting to make an appointment sooner than this defined time will show the time slots as Blocked.
- Booking Spots - How many spots each event has. You can choose to hide this information from your users in the General Settings.
- Automatic booking: Checking this box will set each booking as accepted automatically meaning Bookings manager's approval is not required for new bookings.
- Hide timezone dropdown - Check to hide the timezone selector (Feature added in version 1.3.4)
- Default timezone - Choose a default timezone (Feature added in version 1.3.4)
- Hide all events except Group Meeting events - Displays only group meetings. This setting is related to the Group Meeting add-on and will only appear if the add-on is enabled.
You can now click the Add Calendar button.
Minimum Time to Book
When the calendar has minimum hours to book set, all slots which are falling into the current time and the minimum hours will be marked with a specific label set in the labels section and will also have the color set in the colors section
Extra - Managing Calendars
When the Calendar has been successfully created it will appear at the top of the list of Calendars on the right. With a successfully created calendar the next step is to create a new form for customers to enter their details after selecting time slots on the calendar.