CM Curated RSS Aggregator (CMCRA) - Categories
A category aggregate a single RSS feed. it can filter the feeds URL by positive or negative keywords and it can also remove old URL based on the category settings. It is also possible to display the category content using a shortcode in the widget area on any page or post.
In this plugin categories works as single RSS Feed sources. To add new RSS feed navigate to Admin Panel -> Curated RSS Aggregator -> Categories.
Fill provided fields in Add New Category section.
- Name - The name is how it appears on your site.
- Parent - Choose if category should have parent.
- Description - Write a category description.
- Feed URL - Field for Feed URL. You can add multiple feeds. Each on a new line. Make sure each feed URL has an http:// or https:// in the beginning
- Match keywords - Keywords determine if feed item is added to category. If one of the keyword in the list is found in the URL description or title it will be added to the list.
- Exclusion keywords - Exclusion keywords have higher priority than mach keywords. If one of the keyword in the list is found in the URL description or title it will NOT be added to the list.
- Feed processing interval - The interval determine how often feed is been processed. Notice that this may have impact on your WordPress site performance.
- Feed entries presentation duration - Feed entries older than selected period of time will be deleted.
- Lists - Attach Feed to lists.
- Color - Choose color for feed background.
Click on Add New Category button. Your new category will appear in categories list on the right side.
Below: After adding a category and attaching it to list user can display it with shortcode (usingor attribute).
Using Categories Slugs for Shortcodes
When using the shortcode to display a specific category tweets you should use the slug name instead of the category name.
[cm_rss_aggregator category=CATEGORY_NAME max_links=MAX_LINKS]
Slug name should be visible once you edit the category
Using Multiple Categories in Shortcode
Using a shortcode you can display information related to one or more categories using the following format
Make sure to use the slug name of the category and not the name itself