CM Curated List Manager (CMCLM) - Set Up - Adding Link Entries
Adding Link Entries
What Are Links
Link entries are the content you are showcasing. These are URLs that direct site visitors to the specific content in a category. Entries don't have to contain URLs, but it certainly enhances the list and makes it more useful.
One example of a single link with title, subtitle, video, colors, and additional links.
To create a new entry, go to Links in the plugin tab.
Here, users can add new links and specify the name, subtitle, description, and link URL.
- Name - The name is how it appears on your site.
- Subtitle - The subtitle is displayed under the name.
- Description - Not shown in many themes, but will show as a tooltip, for example, in this list of complete SEO resources.
- URL - The destination URL
- Attachments - You can add up to three additional links. You can change the link box colors from the plugin's settings. They will accompany an icon depending on the file extension.
For each, you can choose:
- URL of attachment 1 - Where this additional link will direct to
- The name of link to attachment 1 - The title that will be displayed
- Upload file - The file to be uploaded
- Add attachment - Adding two more addition links.
- Video URL - You can also add a YouTube or Vimeo URL with each link. The video size is specified in the Plugin Appearance options
- Image URL - You can also add an image URL with each link. The image size is specified in the Plugin Appearance options
- Category - Users must also select a category for each link to organize them. Starting from version 1.1.2, it's possible to set more than one category at a time
- Tags - Can be selected to organize further and provide more information about the link
- Show checkbox - There is also the option to create a next to the individual link that allows users to mark visited addresses
- Date - You can set the date that will be displayed under the link. Can be used for the links that are dedicated to some events, for example
Below is an example of how the link appears. A small icon related to the link (in this example, it is a link to an amazon product) shows next to the name. The subtitle is "by Harper Lee" and appears below the link, along with the Tag "recent."
Here's an example of a list with an image:
Here is a list example with multiple links from different websites. Note that different websites will show different icons. An example of list with two attachments and two website links.
Users can also view and edit existing links in the Links section. This dashboard shows link name, description, URL, category, and tags.