MicroPayments Plugin (CMMP) - PayPal - PayPal Payout
Business Account is Required
PayPal requires a business account in order to enable Payout in live settings.
PayPal Payout is the feature which allows your users to "sell" their points using PayPal service (change the points to real money).
To use it, it's necessary to configure it first on PayPal, then on the MicroPayments Plugin. This article will go through each step.
In order to use Payouts, it's necessary to have a business account and mass payments enabled.
Also, before starting, be sure to check if there are any restrictions to the country you are operating in - check Payouts Country and Currency Codes - PayPal Developer.
Follow these steps to enable and configure Payouts:
Enable the Payout on your PayPal account. This is done by logging in to the Developer Dashboard and going to "My Account". There, under "Permission name", locate Payouts and click the Enable link highlighted below.
- Contact PayPal and speak with a representative (read more on Payouts Prerequisites - PayPal Developer).
- Create the Application in PayPal (or use the already created one) from PayPal's Developer Portal. This will generate the keys necessary for the next step (Client ID and Secret).Step-by-step to create the application,
head to the PayPal Dashboard → My Apps & Credentials → REST API apps and click the Create App button, as highlighted:
Choose a name and click the same button:
On this next screen, you will see important elements.
In this screen you can:
- Change between Sandbox (test) and Live modes for this app.
- Fetch the Client ID and App Secret.
- Enable Payouts for this app.
MicroPayments Plugin Step-by-step
Once PayPal is configured, you can tune the settings inside MicroPayments Platform Plugin.
Navigate to Admin Dashboard → CM Micropayment Platform → Settings. Then, click on the PayPal tab.
Enable the first checkbox entitled: PayPal Payout - Enabled (if this checkbox is unchecked even after setting everything else up the feature will not work).
Choose the points to currency ratio e.g 10 means that each 10 points are worth 1 currency unit so eg. 50 points = $5
- Fill the Client ID and App Secret.
- Before using this feature on a live site, we suggest trying the Test Mode (transactions in test mode won't affect your real account so your money is safe).
Using Payout - Shortcode
To allow users to use PayPal Payout system use the shortcode: [cm_micropayment_points_to_paypal]
This shortcode will display the form with three inputs:
- Wallet ID - the wallet from which the points will be deducted.
- Points to exchange - amount of points which should be 'sold'.
- Receiver e-mail - the e-mail to which the funds should be transferred. Warning! This should be a valid PayPal e-mail!
Result - Payout Process
After the successful payout, new transactions will appear in the wallet history with the type "PayPal Payout".
- The transactions in the Test Mode look the same as the real transaction.