WordPress Travel Map Plugin (CMMRM) + PeepSo - Use Case - Letting Users Manage Their Routes in PeepSo Profile
Building a Community for Trail Routes
Note: This guide covers features from:
The WordPress Travel Map plugin allows you and your users to create and showcase routes in Google Maps, including images and notes for each location route.
The plugin can receive social features by integrating with social platform PeepSo.
Use Case Front-End
Tab for Managing Routes
Stream With Automatic Update
Use Case Assumptions
In this example use case guide we will consider how to let your users add and manage routes from their PeepSo profiles.
TIP: Still New to WordPress Travel Map Plugin?
This article focuses on the PeepSo integration. If you haven't already created your site with map routes, check this guide:
- Installing the plugins and add-ons
- Initial setup - PeepSo
- Integration Settings
- End result
Installing the Plugin and Add-on
The process is the same for all CM plugins and add-ons.
- Download the plugin from your customer dashboard.
- Log in to WordPress and navigate to the WordPress Admin → Plugins settings.
- Click on Add New.
- Activate it and add the license.
TIP: Automatic Index and Dashboard
Upon installation, the plugin automatically creates a page for the route index and another for the dashboard. Head to Settings → General tab to:
- Find shortcuts to these pages
- Enable or disable them
If you need help with these:
- Perform initial setup (Google Maps API and OpenWeather)
- Drawing routes
- Changing visual options
- Configuring user interaction: submit form, who has access, and moderation
- User dashboard
- Custom fields and taxonomies
- Plugin shortcodes
- Translating the plugin interface
Then check the relevant article:
Initial Setup - PeepSo
What is PeepSo?
PeepSo is a free WordPress plugin that allows you to create a social platform similar to Facebook.
How Do I Install PeepSo?
PeepSo can be downloaded from the WordPress back-end.
Once installed, follow its documentation for the initial setup.
Then you need to install and activate the Routes PeepSo Integration add-on. Upon installing the integration add-on and activating the license for it, new settings will become available in the PeepSo settings on the WordPress dashboard.
There are many ways to help users showcase their locations and routes within PeepSo.
All the following settings can be found at Admin Dashboard → PeepSo → Configuration → CM Maps Routes.
1) User Profile and Widget: Maps Tab
This tab will show all the user's published routes and allows managing them.
This tab can be configured from the box User Profile: Maps. The options are:
- Show "Maps" tab in the user's profile - If enabled, users will see the Maps tab in each user's profile that displays the routes created by the specific user.
Show route's parameters - If enabled, the route's parameters such as distance, max elevation etc. will be visible on the route's snippets.
- Route's snippets layout - Choose the appearance of the routes list. Choose between:
- Route featured image - Choose what kind of route's image to display in the user's profile page. You can choose between:
First route image:
- Manage routes under "My Maps" tab - If enabled, the user will be able to manage his routes under the same tab Maps, using the button Manage Maps.
Tip: Manage Button is Private
The Manage Maps button changes the tab content from the routes public list to the action shortcuts.
The button only appears to the currently logged-in user.
2) User Profile and Widget: Manage Maps Tab
The Admin has the option to add the Manage Maps tab to users' navigation menus as well or instead.
This is done by enabling the option Show separate "Manage Maps" tab in the user's profile:
TIP: The Tab Is Also Private
This tab only appears to the currently logged-in user.
3) Activity Feed
It's possible to have status updates to be automatically posted to a user's profile page and to the activity feed when they create a new Map Route.
There are two options under the Activity Feed box for configuring automatic updates:
- Create PeepSo activity when user created a map - Turn on this option to make automatic updates work. The activity post with the user's route link will be added to his Stream (wall) in his profile and will be also visible in the
- Activity post template for new map - Customize the template that is used to generate the posts. You can use the following shortcodes:
[fullname]- user's display name
[title]- route's title
[permalink]- permalink to the route's page
[excerpt]- excerpt of the route's description
The tabs in user profile and links in the widget have dashicons that you can change.
The dashicons can be changed in the Style box, the options are:
- Maps link icon CSS
- Manage Maps link icon CSS
You can find more dashicon links here: Developer Resources: Dashicons
When you finished configuration, don't forget to click the button Save Settings at the bottom of the page.
You can change the names of front-end labels - tabs and buttons. To do this, navigate to Admin Dashboard → CM Map Routes Manager Pro → Settings → Labels tab.
The labels related to the PeepSo integration are located in the corresponding section:
Following instructions found in the plugin and guides, you and your users should be able to add multiple routes to your site from the PeepSo profile.