Appointments Payments - Setting Prices to Appointments
Setting Prices for Appointments
Payments Add-on for Appointments Booking Pro allows you to charge users real money for booking appointments.
If the prices are already set and you would like to manage them instead, read the guide Accepting Bookings and Sending Payment Requests.
This guide considers that:
- You are familiar with managing calendars, forms and other basic functionalities of Appointments Booking Pro. If that is not the case, please check Appointments Booking Pro's documentation first.
- Easy Digital Downloads (EDD) or WooCommerce are already active and configured on your WordPress installation. If not, please refer to their guides.
Step by Step
1) Create a Download/Product
EDD and WooCommerce work similarly. WooCommerce works with "products": you create a product and associate it with an appointment. In the case of EDD, the products are called "Downloads".
To manage them on EDD, navigate to Downloads → All Downloads, as shown below:
The interface for adding or editing a download is the same as that of creating a page or post.
Two items are highlighted in the example screen: Download Stats and Download Prices.
Notes about them:
- Download Stats - Shows the number of times this particular item (or appointment) was bought and its earnings.
- Download Prices - Where you can set the price for the booking.
To manage them on WooCommerce, navigate to Products → All Products, as shown below:
The interface for adding or editing a download is also the same as that of creating a page or post. However, WooCommerce supports additional information, such as if the product is physical or not, its weight and shipment information. Since every booking is virtual, modifying these settings will not affect the add-on.
2) Set a Price for the Appointment
To set a price for an appointment, simply associate the calendar with the chosen downloads.
To do this, Edit or Add a Calendar and select the relevant download in the last field, "Payments".
You can choose to assign a single product to the calendar (if it has only one event duration).
If it has more than one event duration, you can apply the "Use different product for each duration" option, as shown in the example
3) Choosing Between Automatic and Manual Booking
Just above the previous option, you will find an
If you set Automatic Booking to on, this calendar will not require moderation and approval for each booking.
4) Choose Between Direct Checkout or Email Notification
If automatic booking is on, you can also enable Send user directly to checkout. The behavior is:
- Enabled - When user clicks payment button, they are directed to checkout
- Disabled - When user clicks payment button, they receive email with checkout link
You can Disable Finalize Booking message by checking the corresponding option. This option is available and appears only when the option Send user directly to checkout is enabled. This feature was introduced in the version 1.1.7.
Reminder: Creating Calendars
This completes the process of setting up appointments prices. Now, when a user tries to book an appointment in the chosen calendar, he/she will be prompted to pay.