CM Tooltip (CMTG) - API - Amazon Products
Adding Amazon Product Suggestions
The CM Tooltip Glossary “eCommerce” edition can help affiliates sell Amazon products on WordPress by showing product recommendations that match the terms defined by the site owner.
These will appear inside a tooltip when terms are hovered, and when clicked, they will refer to the desired product page on Amazon where the product is sold.
The “eCommerce” edition of the plugin supports this option by adding an Amazon product recommendations widget to the tooltip.
How can I sell Amazon products on WordPress using the CM Tooltip plugin?
First step needed is to get an Amazon Affiliate ID by following the simple steps at https://affiliate-program.amazon.co.uk/ (or other Amazon Affiliate services).
After receiving the Amazon affiliate ID the next step is to set the Glossary plugin to handle Amazon widget. In the plugin settings eCommerce tab, you need to set the following:
- “Enable Amazon” option should be set
- Select the product category from which Amazon products will be taken
- Select the size of the widget that will appear inside the tooltip
- Select the domain (according to the affiliate program you want to participate into)
Sometimes a site needs input from the community it serves.
With the Glossary Community Terms add-on users can help to build you glossary as you watch your key content grow.
Controlling Amazon Product Display in each Term
In each term page you can find a metabox that contains the following options to adjust the default setting for this term. This includes:
- The ability to show or hide Amazon widget inside the tooltip for this term
- The select the products category from the list of Amazon product categories for the term and override the default settings
- To select the widget size for the term and override the default settings