CM Map Locations (CMML) - Settings - Appearance (Index Page, Location Page, Dashboard)
Editing Appearance Settings
To edit plugin settings, go to Settings under the plugin tab.
The appearance settings are distributed among different tabs.
- General - Applies to all maps
- Index Page - Applies to the index of locations
- Location Page - Applies to pages of each location
- Dashboard / Editor - Applies to the location editor page
Choose whether distances are shown in meters or feet. If you are adding weather details, you can also choose whether temperature is in Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Page template - Choose the page template of the current theme or set default. The page template will be used to display the location added to your map.
- Other page template file - Enter the other name of the page template if your template is not on the list above. This option have priority over the selected page template. Leave blank to ignore.
- Override templates files from a directory - Enter the directory path if it applies
- Enable default... - If enabled, the default pages will be used despite the theme. You can enable:
- location index page
- user dashboard page
- location page
- Default map view - Choose Google Maps default view once the map is loaded. Visitors can change the view after map is loaded.
- Default Map Zoom - 0 means automatic.
- Zoom map using mouse wheel - Choose how to deal with mouse scrolling.
- Insert URL for tile - Enter the URL of your preferred tile service.The plugin uses https://tile.openstreetmap.org by default. Learn more: How To - Add Tiles/Layers To Maps
- Default map theme - Choose between Standard, Silver, Retro, Dark, Night and Aubergine. Learn more: How To - Change Map Theme
- Show Google Places on the map - If enabled, the map will display places such as gas stations and stores fetched from the Google API.
- Length units - Used to display the trail's length or the location's altitude.
- Temperature units - Used to display the weather.
You can enter a custom CSS which will be embedded on every page that contains a CM Map Locations interface.
- Enable find user location button on map - When the user clicks or presses the button, the map will center on the user's current location.
- Enable share link box - Maps will have a box with specific URLs ready to be copied and shared
- Share page - Choose the page which has the
[cmloc-locations-map]shortcode with the
showonlybyparams="1"parameter. Learn more
The index page is divided between settings which controls how the list of locations which is shown beside the map looks and how the map itself showing the location behave.
- Where to show locations list - Choose where to display the locations list on the index page.
- Bottom condensed
- Enable menu - If enabled, it will be shown above the map. Includes the buttons All locations, Add Locations and My Locations.
Pagination, order, search
- Locations per page - Limit the locations visible on the index page below the map. If more locations are available than pagination will be displayed
- Order locations by - This has no effect on the map itself. You can order the locations list by:
- Title (alphabetical order).
- Created date.
- Amount of views.
- User location proximity - This option requires HTTPS to work. It uses the browser's geolocation API and will ask him/her to share the current location. After checking the location successfully, the plugin will ask to reload the page to reorder by proximity.
- Sorting order - Choose sorting order for the list of locations ascending|descending showing beside the map. This has no effect on the map itself.
- Enable map - Display or hide the map on the index page.
- Enable marker clustering - If enabled, multiple markers will be combined as a single when overlapping due to the zoom.
- Enable info window on marker - Shows a tooltip when clicking on a clustered marker, listing each location
- Marker label type - Choose between
- show below the marker
- show tooltip on mouse hover
- not show at all
- Clicking on the map marker will - Select between
- Open the location's page - Directs to the location page
- Redirect to custom URL - Directs to the address in the "URL" field of the location entry.
- Show tooltip with information about location - Displays part of the description without directing the user to another page. This feature has extra settings.
- Number of characters from the location's description to display on the tooltip - Set number of characters from the location's description to display on the tooltip.
- Default location's icon URL - Used when no icon is set.
- Text on top - You can enter text which will be displayed on the top of the index page, below the page title.
- Information visible on the index page - Check which location parameters will be displayed on the index page on the location's snippet which appears below the map on the index page. Choose whether the address and postal code of the location are displayed.
- Location featured image - Choose what kind of featured image to display on the index page. If no icon was set to the location category a default icon will be used. The featured image is selected from 3 available options:
- predefined icon taken from the location category
- the first image in the location image gallery
- Location default image - Enter the URL of the default featured image of the location map index list. In case no featured image is defined, the location shows a default icon
- Show label below marker - Show text labels with location name below the location marker on the index page map.
- Click on the location marker will - Choose between
- open the location's page
- show tooltip with information about location.
- Show rating on the index page - Enable or disable the feature
Zip code neighborhood filter
- Enable ZIP code radius filter - Adds the ZIP code radius filter to the index page next to the search box.
- Country code for the ZIP code searching - The ZIP filter will work only within the single country. Leave it blank to not limit the search to one country only
- Enable geolocation - Recognizes the user's ZIP code using browser's geolocation API. Notice that the geolocation API works only if you're using https.
- Radius values
- Minimum/Maximum radius value - set minimum and maximum radius value.
- Radius value step - Set radius values step.
- Radius default value - Set default radius value.
You can configure:
- Template for the location's info window content - You can use HTML and placeholders
- Max width / height for the info window content
- Max width for images inside the info window
- Number of characters from the location's description to display on
- Information visible on the location's page - Check which location parameters will be displayed on the single location's page.
- Show rating on the location page - Enable or disable the feature specifically on the location page.
- Show "Embed" feature - Enable or disable the "Embed" button next to the map. Clicking it generates HTML code that allows users to embed the map to their websites.
- Show share link in a toolbar above map - Displays the clickable icon just above the map
- Enable map - Display or hide the map on the location page.
- Show label below marker - Show text labels with location name below the location marker on the location page map.
Editor / Dashboard
- Enable rich text editor - Allow users to use the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor when creating the location description. If disabled, then a simple textarea will be displayed.
Map default position
- Editor default location's latitude - Enter the latitude of the default location shown in the editor once adding a location.
- Editor default location's longitude - Enter the longitude of the default location shown in the editor once adding a location.
- Editor default zoom - Greater zoom number = closer.
- Show available shortcodes on the edit page - If enabled, it will show the relevant shortcodes for that location in the edit page. Learn about this plugin's shortcodes.
For example, the location with the ID 1767 will have this information in the edit page: