CM Expert Directory (CMED) - General Settings (Permalink, Default Image, Admin Edit Link)
Navigate to the Admin Dashboard → CM Expert Directory Pro → Settings.
Click on the General tab.
You can find the following settings in the General Options section:
- Expert permalink - Enter a value in the box provided to choose a permalink for the expert directory index and single expert page. Make sure your permalink setting is set (look for the under WordPress Admin Settings-> permalinks). Once choosing a new permalinks all URL pointing to the expert directory will change to contains this permalink structure.
- Enable structured data on detail page - Identifies the expert pages with the product schema markup in JSON-LD format. This is useful for SEO. In practice, search engines such as Google understand that the pages are about people.
Technical information: Person - schema.org Type.
- Enable statistic on detail page - Enable this option to show expert statistic on detail page.
- Enable statistic on experts page - Enable this option to show expert statistic on experts page.
- Get experts statistic - You can download the expert statistic. File in CSV format separated by comma. First column expert name, second expert page visits, third expert clicks.
- Show a warning for image size - Check yes or no for a warning on image size. Image size warning will show up once user tries to upload a new expert logo which is bigger than the support image.
- Show admin edit link - Check yes or no to add an admin edit link. Admin edit link will show for admin user only on the index page frontend near each expert name.
- Choose the default expert image - Upload an image to use as the default image for the expert. If the expert didn't upload a logo, a default image will be shown instead.
- Category sync with CM Answers plugin - If enabled, then admin will create category under CM Expert Directory same category automatic created in CM Answers plugin.
Import WordPress Users
The Import WordPress Users section has the following settings:
- User Roles - You can select either all user roles or only specific roles for importing WordPress users into Expert Directory. To choose more than one role, hold the button CTRL/CMD and click on needed items. Note: this option was introduced in version 1.9.2.
- Import WordPress users - Click on the Import button if you want to import all existing WordPress users into Expert Directory based on the available information. It means, every user will have his own expert page. Note: this option was introduced in version 1.7.5.
- Create automatically expert profile after register - Enable this option to automatically create an expert profile once a new user is registered in this website. Note: this option was introduced in version 1.7.5.
Additional Taxonomy Settings
Since version 1.7.5 Taxonomy settings were moved to apart tab in settings. Learn more about taxonomies here: CM Expert Directory (CMED) - Taxonomies