CM Maps Route Manager (CMMRM) - Viewing a Route
Viewing a Route
To view a route navigate to the Admin Dashboard → CM Maps Routes Manager → Routes. Here, you will see a list of your routes with categories and dates published. To view a published route, hover over the route and click " View". You will see what your route/trail will look like to site visitors.
The Route in the Front-End
The image shows a sample route with every functionality enabled. Each item is explained in-depth below:
- Rating - Visitors can rate routes.
- General Information - Visitors can see the route author, creation date, category, type, and difficult.
- Route Information - Displays distance, duration, average speed and details about the changes in elevation along the route. Note: the measurement system can be changed between metric and imperial. See Settings - General tab.
- Menu - The buttons have different functions:
- Return to the previous screen
- Show step-by-step navigation information
- Export the route as KML or GPX files.
- The embed button displays a pop-up with HTML code to which can be used to embed the route in other websites.
- Interactive Map - Visitors will be able to view the route on a Google map and switch between Satellite view or map view. They can also add Terrain to the map background layer.
- Elevation Graph - Includes the option to place a cursor on the graph and show the location on the route itself. It’s also possible to do the inverse – to place the mouse on the route and show the height on the graph.
- Travel Mode: Visitors can choose between walking, driving, biking, or a direct route by selecting a travel mode. Below the map are details about the distance, duration, and altitude changes.
- Description - General description and images related to the route.
- Comment Space - Users can also leave comments on the route and view other people's comments.
You can find demo Map Routes Manager routes on Knowledge Trail .