CM Maps Route Manager (CMMRM) - Viewing a Route
Viewing a Route
To view a route navigate to the Admin Dashboard → CM Maps Routes Manager → Routes. Here, you will see a list of your routes with categories and dates published. To view a published route, hover over the route and click " View". You will see what your route/trail will look like to site visitors.
The Route in the Front-End
The image shows a sample route with every functionality enabled. Each item is explained in-depth below:
- Rating - Visitors can rate routes.
- General Information - Visitors can see the route author, creation date, category, type, and difficulty.
- Route Information - Displays distance, duration, average speed and details about the changes in elevation along the route. Note: the measurement system can be changed between metric and imperial. See Settings - General tab.
- Menu - The buttons have different functions:
- Return to the previous screen
- Show step-by-step navigation information
- Export the route as KML or GPX files.
- The embed button displays a pop-up with HTML code to which can be used to embed the route in other websites.
- Interactive Map - Visitors will be able to view the route on a Google map and switch between Satellite view or map view. They can also add Terrain to the map background layer.
- Elevation Graph - Includes the option to place a cursor on the graph and show the location on the route itself. It’s also possible to do the inverse – to place the mouse on the route and show the height on the graph.
- Travel Mode: Visitors can choose between walking, driving, biking, or a direct route by selecting a travel mode. Below the map are details about the distance, duration, and altitude changes.
- Description - General description and images related to the route.
- Comment Space - Users can also leave comments on the route and view other people's comments.
You can find demo Map Routes Manager routes on Knowledge Trail.
More information about the CM Map Routes Manager WordPress Plugin
Other WordPress products can be found at CreativeMinds WordPress Store
Let us know how we can Improve this Product Documentation Page
To open a Support Ticket visit our support center