CM Pay Per Post (CMPPP) - Settings - Choosing How To Charge Users (By Post, By Group, By Category)
What is This Feature?
Posts can be paywalled in two parallel ways.
- Manually - You set prices separately for each post and/or to a group of posts.
- By post category - It's also possible to create prices to specific categories in bulk.
Tip: One Post, Two Prices
A post can have both pricing options at the same time. In the example below, the same post has two paywalls:
One coming from an individual price (1), and the other coming from its category (2).
Paying either will grant access to the content.
Navigate to the Admin Dashboard → CM Pay Per Posts Pro → Settings.
Defining the Subscription Model
In the General tab → Subscriptions section, click the appropriate box for the subscription model you want.
- Pay per each post - Targets only specific posts and does not support setting subscriptions for a group of posts
- Pay per pricing group - Lets you cluster a group of posts while setting a price for viewing any of them during the subscription period.
- Pay per pricing group or single post - Both options at the same time
Choosing What is Shown Before Purchase
In the next setting, you can choose what the user sees before purchase:
- Show only part of the content (more options) - Specify how much of the content is hidden.
- Hide only content - Hides the complete content.
- Hide full page - Hides the full page, including content, header, and footer.
- Hide specific page elements (more options) - Specify which elements of the page are hidden.
Check details: Settings - What Should Be Hidden
Create Pricing Groups and Post Categories Price
Now go to the "Pricing" tab.
What You Can Do
Here, you can set the two parallel prices:
- Pricing groups
- Price for categories
If you enabled the pricing group options, you can create several groups to which you can set the subscription.
Once defining the group name, you can also set the time and the value options for this group. The time options are
- lifetime (added in version 2.1.3)
Below we have defined two groups, each with it pricing tiers.
For Decimals, Use Periods
When setting prices with decimals, use periods (.), and not commas.
- Good example: 2.99
- Bad example: 2,99
TIP: Allow Users To Buy Groups From Anywhere
You can add the subscription box for groups anywhere on your site.
Assigning Post to Group(s)
There are two ways to assign a post to a group.
1) Multiple from group
When creating a group you can use the shortcut button.
This will trigger a management screen where you can choose different content and easily assign or deassign them to the specific pricing group.
2) Individual - from each post
You can show or hide the box that appears on each post and allows you to assign prices.
Once you edit a post, you can select one or more pricing groups this post belongs to.
For more information on this step, please refer to the guide Assigning a Post to a Price/Subscription.
Price For Post Categories
How it works
- Choose post categories and apply a pricing in bulk to them. For instance, 6 months for $10.
- All posts in those categories now have this category price.
- Only one category price can exist at once.
- At any moment you can show or hide the category paywall box.
- You cannot change the category pricing from other places (such as settings or post edit screen).
In the same section, you can enable or disable the pricing by category.
Then, you should:
- Payment model - Choose the payment plugin
- Subscription model - Assign subscription mode
- Specific post categories - Choose which categories will receive the category pricing
- Pricing - Create the subscription.
- Click on the Bulk button. This will add the category pricing to those posts.
Creating another option and clicking Bulk again will replace the previous option.
As a reminder, posts can have paywall box for pricing groups and category at the same time
In this section you can decide if to transfer points to post author's wallet when somebody buys access to his/her post. You can also decide how many points can get the author for each sell in % - so it can be just a part of the sum or the full sum (if you set it to 100%).
- Allow transferring points to author for his post/page - Enable this option if you want to transfer points to the post author's wallet for selling the access to his post/page.
- Author's share - Set a % that the author will receive for selling the access to his post/page. Maximum value is 100. Note: this option appears only if the previous one is enabled.
The value that is set in the Author's share field is default for all new users and for all existing users when you enable this feature for the first time. It means, when you set this value for the first time, and change it later - it won't be changed for already existing users. This value can be changed by admin individually for all users that are able to create content on your site. By default, it's users with the following roles:
- Custom roles (for example - Shop Manager by WooCommerce)
To set different % for definite user navigate to Admin Dashboard → Users → All Users. Hover on needed user and click Edit.
Scroll down to the section CM Pay Per Post. There you can change the % individually for this user in the option Author's share. Don't forget to click the button Update User to save the changes.