CM Business Directory (CMBD) - Business Directory Index Page Settings
Business Directory Index Page
Navigate to the Admin Dashboard → CM Business Directory Pro → Settings.
Click on the Business Directory tab.
Business Index Header
- Business Index Page ID - Select the ID of the page with the [cmbd_business] shortcode. All backlinks will be pointing to that page. Once the plugin is installed it automatically creates a page with the shortcode in it so you don't have to set it manually.
- Business order by - Choose from the drop down menu to select how the business index page should be ordered. The options are: alphabetically by business name; by the last date the business was updated; by the date it was added to your site; random order; or by the way it is currently ordered in your WordPress admin menu (this opens the option to customize the order using a plugin which supports menu ordering such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/taxonomy-terms-order/).
- Order in ascending or descending order - Choose from the drop-down menu to select the order of the business directory index. Desc means that the businesses will be arranged from the smallest to largest number. For example, if the creation date is used then the older businesses will be shown first.
- The number of businesses on a page - Set the number of items on a single directory page. Use -1 to turn off the pagination.
- Show pagination on top - Controls whether to show the pagination at the top of the directory index page.
- Show pagination on the bottom - Controls whether to show the pagination at the bottom of the directory index page.
- Show the number of businesses found - Controls whether the number of businesses found should be displayed.
- Show items per page selection - Select from the drop down menu to show how the categories should be presented. Dropdown means that a dropbox will be shown and the user will be able to filter categories by the selected one.
- Open each Business Page (or Business Web Page) in a new tab - Set the Business Page (or Business Web Page) to be opened in a new tab? (target="_blank").
- Business pitch as image title - Check yes or no to show the business pitch as the title of the image. This is used once the user hovers over the business logo.
- Link to Business Web Page instead of Business Page - Choose YES if you want to use Business Web URL as a Business link on the Business Directory Index page.
- Display businesses after using search - Option to hide the items until searching.
- Show search field - Determine if the business directory is searchable.
- Search In Tags - Includes tags in the search.
- Display filters one below each other - Determine if filters are shown vertically instead of the regular side-by-side display.
- Display box to search by city/zip fields - Enable this option to allow users to search by city/zip fields.
- Search by other info field - Enable this option if you want to add search drop-down by other info field.
- Show Categories filter - Determine if Categories are displayed on the business directory index page.
- Display Subcategories in categories filter? - Determine if sub-categories are displayed on the business directory index page. Choose between:
- No - Sub-categories will not be displayed.
- Yes, with single dropdown - All categories and sub-categories will be displayed in a single dropdown. This option works only if the option Display taxonomy as is switched as Dropdown.
- Yes, with multiple dropdowns - Categories and sub-categories will be displayed by level in three dropdowns. Yoi can change the names of the levels in the Labels tab. This option works only if the option Display taxonomy as is switched as Dropdown. You can change the labels for le Note: this option was introduced in version 2.0.7.
- Show Custom Taxonomy filter - Enable this option to display the Custom Taxonomy field on the business directory index page.
- Show Tags filter - Determine if Tags are displayed on the business directory index page.
- Display taxonomy as - Select how the taxonomy should be presented. Choose between Tags or Dropdown.
- Choose select style - Choose the style of the select boxes:
- Normal - Default browser "select".
- Custom - Customized "select" with improved UI.
Note: this option was introduced in version 2.1.0.