CM Registration (CMREG) - Bulk Email Invitation Add-on - General Usage
Bulk Email Invitation Add-on
The Bulk Invitation Add-on for CM Registration lets you create multiple invitation codes at once. One of its more powerful features is the import of a CSV file with a list of emails. This feature is explained in-depth in a dedicated guide.
Table of Contents
This guide covers the following features of the Bulk Invitation Add-on.
- Installing the add-on
- Accessing its Settings
- Creating Bulk Invitations With Emails
- Creating a Series of Codes Without Emails
- Method 1: From a CSV File
- Method 2: Sequence with prefix
- Method 3: Random codes
- How the "Create Invitation Codes" page works
- Changing the Template of the Email
- Checking the Codes
- Adding Codes to Links
Installing the Add-on
Installing the Bulk Invitation Add-on is just like installing any other WordPress plugin. Please make sure that before installing the Add-on you have the CM Registration plugin installed.
After installation please activate the license in the CM Registration license section.
Bulk Invitations Menu
After installing the Addon, you will find a new link in the plugin admin menu.
Once clicked you will see the bulk invitation code dashboard.
Creating Bulk Invitations
This feature has a video tutorial available to walk you through the process.
Once clicking on the Create bulk invitation, you will see a new screen allowing you to set the bulk invitation rules.
You can do the following:
- Upload the CSV file - It should include only one row with the user emails. The CSV can have as many emails as you need. Read the dedicated guide to learn more.
- Enable/Disable automatic emails - To each user or just create an invitation code which will be stored in the plugin invitation codes section.
- Select if you want the user to register with the same email the invitation code is sent to - If this is selected, the user will not be able to use the registration code sent to them with any other email then the one you have set.
- Select the user WordPress role - Applied after a successful registration is made.
- Set the expiration date for the invitation codes - After this date, the invitation codes will not be valid and can not be used for registration.
- Write the content of the email - The content is first taken from the template setting available in the CM Registration settings' Email tab for bulk email invitations. You can use the following shortcodes:
Creating a Series of Invitation Codes Without Emails
You can create a list of invitation codes without uploading a list of emails. This is useful for cases in which you want to prepare a bulk list of invitation and use them or send them to different vendors, for instance.
The Bulk Invitations add-on supports three ways of creating codes:
- From a CSV file - You can upload a simple CSV file a list of codes - all the codes must be in a single column, one in each row. The add-on will fetch the information from the table and generate the invitations.
- Serialized Sequence - You can choose a prefix and the number of codes. The add-on will generate a series of invitations with names based on the prefix and the sequence number.
For instance, choosing to generate five codes with the prefix "Bulk Test" will result in the codes highlighted below:
- Randomly Generated - You choose the number of codes that will be created. They will be completely randomized, making them especially safe.
The Create Invitation Codes page
You can reach it through the first button in the Bulk Invitations page.
Once clicked, you will receive an interface allowing you to generate the invitation codes.
- Name of the bulk invitation session - A name which will help you identify the generated list. Each code will receive this name followed by a series of number, such as the three codes identified as "Test" below. Note that the name is different from the invitation code. Names are used for organization purposes only.
- Upload CSV files with invitation codes - By clicking the button you can upload a CSV file with a list of invitation codes. Choosing this will trigger the first method (CSV file) mentioned above: using a CSV file.
- Number of invitations codes - You need to specify how many invitation codes you want to create. Doesn't apply if importing a CSV, as in that case the number will be fetched from the file.
- Use serial invitations with prefix - Enabling this will ensure the codes are in sequence, and not random. Leaving it off triggers the third method (random) mentioned above. Checking it triggers the second method (sequence) mentioned above.
- Invitations prefix - Choose which text will precede the sequence of numbers. This option only applies if the "Use serial invitation with prefix" option is enabled.
- Expiration date - The last day this invitation code can be used. Leaving it blank or with the default "mm/dd/yyyy" will make the code usable forever.
- Users limit - How many times each invitation code can be used.
- Require verification - Force or not email verification once using the invitation code.
- Role - Set the role for the user profile once registering with the invitation code.
Changing the Template of the Bulk Email Invitation
In the CM Registration plugin settings, under the Email tab, you can find the default email template which is sent when a bulk email invitation letter is sent.
Checking Defined Codes
The Bulk Email invitation codes dashboard allows the admin to check all previously created invitation codes to check the status of the user registrations or to restore an invitation code which was sent.
Once clicking on the Show button, you will get a list of all invitation codes defined by this bulk operation and you can see the status of each user registration.
Adding Codes to Links
You can use links that automatically add the invitation code to the registration widget. To do this, add ?invite=code to the end of the registration URL, where code is the invitation code.